All Discussions Tagged 'alopecia' (195)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia areata worsening after prednisone

I was diagnosed with alopecia areata a long time ago. Went through a flare up over the summer and was put on prednisone. After 25 years of…

Started by Halewhy

28 Oct 27, 2017
Reply by early 20's

Looking for this article

Can anyone get a copy of this article?  I suffer from this and it is new research. Ultraviolet filters in hair-care products: a possible l…

Started by Ping Pong

2 Oct 20, 2017
Reply by Ping Pong

Could allergies be the cause?

Hi! My daughter is 9 and was loosely diagnosed with alopecia about 6 months ago. I say loosely because there have been conflicting opinion…

Started by Aussiemum

4 Sep 11, 2017
Reply by Aussiemum

Alopecia, bald patches

Hello my name is Izabela im 23 years old and Iv realised couple bald patches on my scalp about 2 months ago .. when I realised one of my pa…

Started by Izabela

0 Aug 17, 2017

5 years with alopecia, looking back on my first post here

Hey everyone,  I just looked back on my first post here and guess what it said:  "Really struggling tonight, looking back at me before I l…

Started by Keshia

8 Aug 14, 2017
Reply by Keshia

Scientists obtain 'how to' guide for producing hair follicles

How does the skin develop follicles and eventually sprout hair? A USC-led study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sc…

Started by rj, Co-founder

0 Aug 13, 2017

First injection treatment

My doctor gave me my first injection treatment today for my alopecia. I now have two spots on my head, One is 3.5 inches and the other is a…

Started by Tryingtodeal

0 Jul 25, 2017

Are my eyelashes doomed?

I got my first AA spot in Feb of '16 and the second in the Fall of '16.  I had tons of wavy hair, so it wasn't a big deal to me until the e…

Started by eleven11

0 Jul 11, 2017

Need answers? or help...anything

Hi, I'm a 23 year old male. I had been a weed smoking musician for many many years and took things very easy in life and last august i was…

Started by FlackoFinesse

1 Jun 13, 2017
Reply by Stacie

Monat

I have had AA since I was 18. You can read my whole story here I was walking my daughter to school one day and I ran into a friend who told…

Started by Amy loves Lulu

8 May 10, 2017
Reply by Amy loves Lulu

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service