Hi all. :-)

I'm considering making an informational video about handling the emotional impact of alopecia (I've had several clients ask for one).

If you were talking to someone who has just been diagnosed with alopecia, what advice would you give them to help them handle the emotional impact?

Emotionally-speaking, what surprised you the most about alopecia?

Thanks in advance!

Warmly,

Tim

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about the parents?
My nearly three year old was just diagnosed and we're lost...
What do we tell her?
how do we help her??
I think your situation is different than most. You are dealing with somebody elses feelings and emotions, and if that isnt bad enough, its a small child.
I would think the first step is for you to make contact with other parents. Initally on this site and hopefully with in driving distance, this will help you and give you support as well as your little girl. The main thing you can do for your daughter is give her lots of hugs and make sure she knows it is not her fault, this has happened.
I wish I could be of use to you, but I have no advice except try your best to find a parent support group. Post in as many groups on here as you can, somebody will be able to help. I wish you all the very best.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service