Okay so I just recently lost all my eyebrows. Does anyone have any advice on what to do. Maybe a certain product that looks natural?

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I'm actually going for a permanent cosmetics (brow tattoo) consultation next week, but for the past few months I've been using the following routine: (1) start with Savvy Brow Powder in Blond (Sally Beauty Supply, really cheap). This come in a little pot with a stencil and a brush. This brushes on and off really easy in case you make a mistake drawing it on. Once I get my brows the way I like them, I (2) go over the powder with my Indelible Eye Liner Pencil in Brunette. I got this off of the Headcovers Unltd website which I found in the NAAF website marketplace. The pencil has a brush on one end (kind of like a mascara brush). I use this to lightly brush over my lines so they're not completely solid and fake looking. Finally, I (3) finish them off with She-Laq by Benefit cosmetics which I got at Sephora.com. I heard about the She-Laq at a Bald Girls Do Lunch get-together and I am SO GLAD I did. The stuff is amazing. I use it on my brows and my eyeliner. It's a clear liquid, comes in a little bottle with a whole set of make-up brushes, and you just brush it on wherever you don't want your make-up to smudge or wipe off. Your make-up will not come off until you wash it off. Hope this helps!!
HI Daria,

Hmmm..I must have been comparing and talking about both. The BGDL Brow Sealer that we have is our own and is not available in any stores. Ours does not sting, does dry matte and the staying power is great, even from women doing aerobics and getting massages. Stays on until you wash it off. Comes in both regular and travel size now. Just drop us a line to info@baldgirlsdolunch.org for more info. We're sending overseas, too.

Thea
I am going to have to try the She-Laq. Right now i have found that the Wet and wild eyeliner works best. It does not clump when you put it on. and it goes on kinda light so you. I have tried the expensive powders and liners and i keep going back to my cheap wet and wild
I currently use Beauti-FULL brow temporary tattoos - i get them from headcovers.com

i find that the 032 ones are the most realistic looking for me - they last about 3-5 days if you take care of your skin. I have been using them for about 2 years now.... you can see my pics on my page - if you have questions let me know...

i found that anything other than temp tattoos for me was a non-starter. in Virginia summer weather, you cant do eyebrow pencil and expect it to still be there after walking 10 blocks in 90% humidity....
Hi!
I'm Andrea. I'm new around here.

I have been AU/completely hairless for 4 years now (I'm 39) and have tried three different eyebrow techniques. First I bought an eyebrow stencil and drew them on. This never worked very well since without some hair as a guide I never placed the stencil in the correct place. The next thing I tried were the temporary eyebrow tattoos form headcovers. I liked them much better, but found that placement was also a problem. They also tended to rub of if I got sweaty or oily.

18 months ago I got permanent cosmetics. I have eyebrow tattoos and liner tattoos. I am so pleased with them. They are worry free. I only wish I could have solved my eyelash problem so easily.
I've had great success using the temp tattoo brows from http://www.tattoobrows.com They are wonderful people to deal with and my eyebrows last 4-5 days. They offer several styles and colors. I use the 747 blacks. Take a look.
I found using a very fine brushed liquid liner and painting them on works very well. I takes practice but in the end its a great result!!
I've had my eyebrows tatooed on many years ago and loved it. They have faded over time and I'm having them redone next week. I've been penciling them on so they look darker but I always feel like I have to be careful that I don't wipe them off. I've noticed that using foundation underneath the pencil help's it stay on better.
I like the Anastasia brow pencils the best. You can find them at Sephora. They are kinda pricey but create a very natural look. I am also considering permanent make up at some point...I'll let you know how that turns out.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service