I was out in the garden yesterday, taking advantage of some lovely spring weather and planting out some border flowers, when my partner, Nick, came out to say that he'd been watching me from the house. The sun was behind me from where he'd been watching, and he said that even from a distance he could see a beautiful glinting silver string of snot dangling from my nose halfway down to the ground, which I had clearly been totally oblivious to.
Since I lost my nasal hair, when I'm out of doors in cooler weather (especially when cycling) my nose just seems to be running continuously, and I frequently only realise when it's too late.
I'm sure a lot of other people must have this inelegant problem too, anyone got any ideas on solutions. Nasal wigs? Some sort of hammock device slung across the face below the nose? Bungs? (wouldn't look very sophisticated!)
- Gordon

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have this problem too! I also keep a tissue handy in efforts to keep things at bay! If anyone has any idea, I'd love to know as well! :-)
I havent noticed this particular issue.....yet
It would be slightly unflattering.

Jeff
Somehow I think the idea of a nasal wig would just be even worse than the constant nasal drip -- then you would always be sneezing to get rid of the hairs!

I don't think you've lost any sensitivity so much as you've become used to it. Unfortunately, I think the only solution here is to get in the habit of wiping your nose regularly (that, or start using a LOT of Benadryl.)

LOVE how your partner described the snot, though. :)
This is an interesting topic but enlightening! I never realized I had a problem until you mentioned it - thanx! My nose hairs always seem to come and go and it's not something I really keep track of but I was out in the country yesterday and noticed how everything seemed to be getting in my eyes! I do get a tickly nose quite a bit but I think that right now it's because I'm not used to having nose hairs which have come to visit once again. As for the drippy nose thing, my grandma had that problem real bad - especially in the winter - tissues never fail and fit just about anywhere!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service