My name is jay ,ive joined alopecia world because i want to share some good news with people with alopecia.
Im 38 now , when i was 12 years old i first started to lose my hair ,only on my scalp in round patches of varying size ,ythis would come and go over the next 8 years and vary in how serious it was ,but it never affected any other area of my head and body.
I learnt to deal with it ,grew my hair long in a battle to cover what i could ,it was tough as it occured when i was young, but im sure it has made me who i am today.
Anyway back to my main point...
when i was around 22 my alopecia stopped and my hair grew back and stayed back till i was about 26 when devastatingly i developed alopecia again, it returned ,but this time didnt affect my scalp at all! this time i lost both eyebrows and all my eyelashes in both eyes..in a way this was far tougher.
i was told by all the experts and almost everyone that there would be no hope of any regrowth at all,and as the years ticked by had to agree.
After 9 years im having regrowth ,i have 1 good looking quite thick set of lashes back,with the other lashes looking as though there on way too..and both eye brows are slowly returning.
So there is always hope ,even after 9 years, experts can be wrong.
i hope this gives some of you faith

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing some hope Jay. It's always good to hear reassuring stories.

I really admire you for coping with this condition on and off since you were 12. I'm 42 and really struggling at times to cope with it.
wow, thank you. That feels good to ingest. I have been loosing mine for 4 years and I'm almost ready to shave and I miss my long black hair. Is there anything you did or did it just come back on it's own?
Margaret
no , cant honestly say i did anything different , i mean ive tried things over the years ,for example vitamin supplements ..but can say ,in my experience they made no difference whatsoever.
the sun seems to help me ,,im british and living in england ,its quite true that there isnt a lot of sun, but i do travel ,and my eyebrows seem to benefit from sunlight.
jay

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service