QUESTIONS????? We all have and have had them....I need your HELP!!!!

What have been some of the questions that you've had during your Alopecia Journey?

This can be any question that you might have asked your doctor, friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, mom, dad...etc.

Note: I'm surveying for a publication that I'm doing. The question that you've asked is probably someone elses question that they have now and just may not have the courage to ask. Example, on MySpace I came across a woman who has not told anyone accept her very immediate family (and me, she contacted me) about her hairloss. She stated that her friends do not even know. Now because of this, don't you think that she may have questions that she needs answers too because of her choice not to say anything, therefore can not get that reply or answer she so desperately needs?

*If your question is chosen, only the question will be published not the source.

Thank you for your time!

Julia

Views: 139

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you...
What's the best way to tell someone you have alopecia? (especially a boy/girlfriend)
Should I tell my boss?
Does my hair look fake?
Will I ever be "normal" again?
Will this get worse?

To name a few anyways, hope that helps. I think the biggest thing is that some people are just so scared of revealing themselves - especially if they found themselves to be among friends and family who are appearance oriented. It is a very scary feeling to think you may face rejection.
Wow! Thank you so much for your questions.

You nailed it...rejection from others and self...
How do you prepare an alopecic child for the possibility that they may be an alopecic adult?

I wish that my family would have prepared me for this possibility; I struggle with this phase of living with alopecia frequently.
What triggered it to go from a mild case of AA to full blown out AU after 12 years?
Hi

Why do people make this condition sound totally cosmetic, as if it's no big deal when the facts state hairloss for even people dealing with cancer, as being their hardest hurdle to get over.

Why do people think you are vain for wanting to present yourself as you wish?

Why are the choices people have to present themselves debated so hotly between even those dealing with this condition? (no hair, patchy hair, scarfs, wigs - shouldn't acceptance of choice be ok)

What is normal and why are we striving for it?

Why do doctors often blame the person with AA for having it (stating stress as the one and only contributor)? This one really rankles with me as my doctor said this to my daughter when she was 12 years old (and was not stressed). She quietly asked me when we left the appointment did I make my hair fall out mum. One of those grrrr moments in my journey.

Hope that helps

Rosy
Thank you sooo much for all of these questions...Keep them coming!

I'm still in the process and I'm really close to completing my book....

Thank you Greatly!
Does the fact that I can grow peach fuzz (vellus hair) on my head mean I will regain my “regular” hair?
We sometimes get false hope when this happens...at least I did when t happened to me and the hair never came back....

Thanks
I've been a walking peach fuzz for the past year. Some of the hairs get longer, but there white and course. Kind of wierd because when I only had AA, peach fuzz was a sign my hair was coming back. Now it's just fuzz with no ambition of being anything more.
While I know its not, I sometimes think others may wonder "Is it contagious?"

Once one's condition has turned AU, will it be like that forever?

If I have children, will I pass along my condition? (AA,AT,AU)

WHY did I get this????

How can I best protect themselves from the elements? As pertaining to dust & allergens in the air getting into our eyes and nose?

What natural or complementary therapies are available for treating Alopecia? Do any of them actually work? (Same question for conventional medicinal therapies).

Do the risks out weigh the benefits for conventional therapies (ex. steroid shots)

No one in my family has any form of Alopecia, how did I get this?

When will I get used to being bald?
Thank you Orbit...Questions that I never thought of...wow!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service