I thought I'd share something I put together as I've worked on adjusting to AU over the past 4 months. I'm new to this Forum...this is my first Discussion. Hope no one is offended, and that someone gets a smile.

MY TOP 10 BENEFITS OF AU

10.The smoothest, silkiest legs ever, with no shaving, razor burns, or stubble.

9.Totally hair-free underarms, and no post-shaving pain when you apply deodorant.

8.Never any embarrassment when you “forgot to shave” your legs or armpits. And, no “short and curlies” peaking out of your swimsuit!

7.Instant relief from overheating (particularly in the event of a hot flash) – by simply taking off whatever is covering your scalp.

6.Salesclerks, public employees, and just about everyone you meet is really nice to you when you’re a bald woman.

5.There’s no need to take a shower before you go out just so your hair will look good.

4.You never have to pluck your eyebrows (or your chin, if you’re middle-aged).

3.No more bleaching or waxing that pesky upper lip hair.

2.If you’ve had permanent eyebrows and liner applied, you never have to spend time (or money) on eye makeup.

And, the # 1 benefit of AU:

1.You never have to worry about “a bat in the cave” – no hair in the nostrils means no boogers can get caught there!

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How funny!!!

I liked your posting -- two thumbs up, and 5 stars!!!
LOL this really made me smile. Especially the "bat in the cave." Thanks for sharing this.
This gave me a good giggle 2 thumbs up to this:)
Excellent! Especially liked #10 that's me...and #1...(except I think more stuff floats up there; I seem to sneeze a lot!!) LOL!!
haha and no gray hair ever!!
Yes! But I'm still a little sad about that because I had a white streak in the top front of my hair that had been there since I was 19. When I lost my hair recently at 54, I still had fairly dark brown hair, with just a little gray coming in, and the white streak very prominent. I was actually enjoying going gray slowly, and I do miss the distinctiveness of my white streak.

ON THE OTHER HAND...when I wear a wig now (once in awhile), everyone thinks I look younger. I guess I'll eventually buy wigs with gray in them.
Whip off your wig after the highway patrol comes round to your window .....guaranteed to get you off with just a warning.
Yup, already thought of that.
Nice List Mary.

Jeff

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service