I am wondering if there are any women out there that have universalis who know whether you lose the cilia in your fallopian tubes. I have no cilia in my nostrils, throat...
I am trying to conceive and have had infertility issues in the past and just realized that this could be a problem.

Views: 3062

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have au and conceived 2 kids hun. good luck and fingers crossed x
Hi there, i have a 5 year old son. Have had Alopecia for over ten years and conceived with no problems at all...

x
I've had AU since i was 11 years old and am a mother of two beautiful girls...gave birth at the ages of 22 and 25. Never had any problems during any of my pregnancies. So i honestly doubt alopecia has anything to do with not getting pregnant..but good luck as u tried.
progesterone levels can effect the fertility and are often low with autoimmune conditions i would be curious to see what yours were when checked
Hmm i have AU for 17 years and conceive very quickly like first time quick i do not think they are linked but could be a possibility now that i am pregnant my hair has stayted to grow so wierd not a hair in 17 years now a frohauk
i have had alopicia since i was 7 and i have two boys the first was easily concieved and the second we tried 3 years for but that was a problem with fibroids i later discovered .
I have been AA since I was 12, and always have had regular cycles. I conceieved immediately after my marriage and had had hair for 10 yrs. As soon as I gave birth my hair all went. I took no birth control and did not conceive again (with the AU completely active) for 3 yrs, no hair came back during the pregnancy. I took some pretty strong birth control after this pregnancy and I took myself off after about a year and 3 months later I conceived #3. No hair regrowth throughout pregnancy again. No plan for more children. All this time my late husband was taking immune suppression medication after having received a double lung transplant before the conception of child #1. Me, with too much immunity and he depleting his on purpose!! God is certainly a miracle working God! Blessings to you on your journey to motherhood!! By the way, I have very healthy children with no signs of auto immnune disorder!!
I have AU and have concevieved and have a son, I don't know so much about if we have probelems with cilia I know in my nose I have none or little as well, but as far as I know no conception proiblems. Good luck! but it is something you should perhaps look into because we are each so different. :)
I am reading this book called It's your hormones by Dr. Remond and he doesn't mention fertility problems with alopecia universalis.. he does mention it for people with thyroid problems. I have universalis and getting pregnant was a huge problem for me before all of my hair fell out but had no idea that I had any thyroid problems at the time.
I don't know if I have any cilia on my fallopian tubes..

Good luck!
Tina
Oh christ, don't tell me this!! I thought losing total hair woudl be bad enough, adn just be that, but hearing that it could affect my ability to have kids??? !@#$
It gives me a lot of hope that I could have children that never experience alopecia! I always worry so much that I will pass it on because it definitely runs in the family. My experience was that I had AA until puberty, but during puberty it morphed into totalis. When I was about 14/15, my hair grew back for the most part and for the last ten years it has just been patchy hair loss again. Since the change seems so hormone related, I always wonder if I will experience a worsening of alopecia during pregnancy like I did when I went through puberty. It makes me really nervous about trying to get pregnant in the future...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service