Well, Bravo TV has put this up on their website, so I don't think there's any secret about this anymore. Go here for a short video preview of this Wednesday's (July 23) episode:

http://video.bravotv.com/player/?fid=35425#videoid=276131

It first airs at 10:00 pm, and they repeat the episode multiple times during the week before the next episode. I look forward to your comments after the episode airs.

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for letting us know.
We need more gorgeous bald women on tv.
I will let my gorgeous bald wife know too.

My wife and I saw a Law and Order rerun the other night, and Margaret Baker the bald fashion model (who is on this website) was in the show. She was in a scene at a fancy party, and she wasn't wearing a wig or any kind of headscarf or headwrap, she was bald, and she looked so fine in a sexy dress, earrings, and so forth.. She was the most beautiful and sexy woman on that show, she was stunningly beautiful bald, and in that sexy dress, she really stood out. I wished they had shown more of her.
I don't know if I could watch a whole show man! Just that little bit made me cry, especially that one guy who you could tell felt sorry for the girl with the "hand me down". It was nice to see that he cared at least but I'm like the girl with the hand me down cause I can't seem to get a wig now and that's why I cried. I wish someone had a show like this in Canada to go to where they could give me a makeover of sorts. If only our damn car didn't keep breaking down, I'd have nice hair to go to work with. :(
I watched it, and I didn't notice any bald women on it.
I absolutely love 'Shear Genius' and I was so proud of Bravo for doing this episode! It's risky to feature women with no hair on a reality show all about hair but I thought it was brilliantly done. It was so emotional and I thought the women looked beautiful!

(The episode is up on YouTube if anyone is looking for it. I have links posted on my latest blog entry!)
Thanks for posting the YouTube links!
I watched it. Maybe I watched the wrong one of it, because I didn't notice any bald women on it.
Bravo repeats multiple episodes. Ours is going to be on a number of other times. Here's the link at the Bravo website that gives the upcoming schedule. Look for the episode entitled "It looks like a helmet"

http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/index.php?keywords=shear+genius
Mary I saw the episode, and you looked wonderful!!! I did agree with the panel on the style of the wig, but I loved the color on you!!! You could tell by the look on your face that you didn't like the cut too much -- but the exposure was wonderful!!!

How did you enjoy the experience??
Thanks, YoKasta! As my stylist, Gail, has commented on a website interview at bloggingsheargenius.com, those wigs were way too big and thick and full of hair. But, I'm pleased with what they included about alopecia and the way the message came across.

I enjoyed the experience, especially spending a long day with 7 other women with AU. I'd only been bald for 2 months at the point this was taped, so I was still in a major transition zone, and it was wonderful to meet the other gals. It was also fun to see the behind the scenes aspects of doing a TV show. The hardest part was walking in those very high heels!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service