Hello,
My name is Angie.I am a mother af three beautiful boys,ages 10,9 and 9 months.I am engaged to my best friend Matt.I have had AA for 7 years now.It started falling out in small patches till it finally took over my whole head.When I got pregnant with my youngest son it started to grow back and I had a full head of hair.I was so happy and excited.I was finally going to be able to do things I couldn't do before,because I hid behind a mask.This past month it has began to fall out again.I'm becoming depressed again.I never really learned how to cope or live with this disease.I never spoke with anybody with AA,so I was pretty alone.I came to this site by accident,and I'm so glad I did.I think with a community like this,I can finally learn to love myself for who I am and not what I look like or how others see me.I see all these beautiful happy faces and I want to be one of them.I'm hoping to find friends to talk to and relate to.I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Thanks
Angie

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Angie, Welcome to Alopecia World. I am new to thislack of hair thing too. It's tough but we can all support each other and make things a little easier

Jeff
Hi Angie! This is my last thing I am doing today before going to bed so I can get up in the morning; but I just wanted you to know that you are beloved by all and a beautiful person -- and alopecia should not ever prevent you from being the person that GOD made you to be!!! This site is a wonderful community site and has been a catalyst of change for everyone here, including myself. I am very glad you have decided to join us here and feel free to talk to me any time -- I'm pretty sure we have lots of things that we can relate to as we live with our hair loss!!!
Angie: It is nice to be somewhere that people understand. I am now at a place of acceptance with my alopecia, but it has taken awhile. I don't think it needed to take so long though. I have been AA since I was 7, and AU for the past 4 years since I gave birth to my son. I won't lie and say there are not challenging days, but most days are pretty good. I have found that it helps to educate people, and talk about it with people who love you too. It's kind of like therapy. Every time you tell someone new, it's like a small weight has been lifted off your shoulders. That has been my experience at least. I think although you need to remember you are the same person with or without hair, alopecia will change who you once thought you were. That is a mouthful. Thank you for joining the message board. I look forward to hearing about you more. Take care. We are all wanting to help as much as we can.
You are beautiful with or without hair, don't let it affect you, because if you really think about it, hair is nothing but dead skin cells. I don't understand why society places such importance on hair, but it does. You have your best friend Matt, who loves you whether you have alopecia or not, you have 3 beautiful boys that will love their mommy no matter what. You are very blessed and try not to forget that! Try to focus on the good things in your life & you will learn to cope with the negative things better. Hang in there, & know that all of us are here for you if you need to vent, advice, or just need to chat. =)
Welcome Angie, you are with like minds... You are going to go through the grieving of that lost which is a healthy and normal process. Losing your hair is like losing a friend and with alopecia it can re-grow and fall out again. You are not alone and trust me you will come out of this a new person.

Now is the time to start playing with different looks to find the one you feel comfortable with and don't be afraid to keep looking for new and different ones, because this is your time to re-invent YOU! You have to have fun with it and work it Girl!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service