So I have set a appointment to get my eyebrows tattooed on Sept 18th. I lost half of my left eyebrow, and a huge chunk of the right one. I have never had much eyebrow in the beginning, so they are almost all gone! I found a make-up tattoo artist in my area that has nothing but great reviews and she even personally called me yesterday. She seems super sweet and says she worked with quite a few people with alopecia. My question is to all of my fellow alopecians that have had this done already. What can I expect from it? How does it feel? How long does it last, because I hear it does start to fade. The woman that is doing it says she doesn't use black ink on anyone because its too dark, which I guess is good. Because I already had blonde highlights in my eyebrows. Apparently she uses a "feathering" technique and uses my eyebrows (well, whats left) as a guide, that way if they do grow back, they will just look fuller. Any info on eyebrow tattooing is GREATLY appreciated!!

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I did! I posted a blog about it, but I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures. Im going to try to get them after work today and put them up. I LOVE THEM!! :)
I'll have to read your blog. Yay for you!!!! Such a big decision to make and to follow thru...I'm proud of you :)
Thank you! It hurt like heck but I am glad I did it!
awsome!!!! brave decision it is Tamara, but is well worth it!!!! No more pencil!!!!!
Tamara, just wondering how the eyebrow tattoo went? My daughter does not suffer from alopecia, but she wants to get this done anyway.
Where do you go? Just a tattoo place or are there places that specialize? I pencil mine in, and they always wipe off so easily. I'm always so self concious about it.
I went to a place the does permanent make up tattooing. www.permanentbeautyllc.com
Would this work for a male? I'm a bit sensitive to someone noticing it is fake. Seems like women are more bold when it comes to new looks.
I would think so. But don't go to just any joe shmo. Research someone that has done this for both males & females. The lady i went to is a licensed facial dr. She does permenant eyeliner....etc. (I would never do that by the way). But she played with pencils for a while and different shapes. She knew alot about cosmotology and the anatomy of the human face. That's my opinion......take care

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service