Hello Everyone! :):):)

I'm looking for a wig,but I hate glue and tape

Does anyone have experience with lace wigs that have a thin skin perimeter?

How does the hairline look,can you wear your hair out of your face and can you wear your wig glueless?

Also..do you find it more durable then a lace front? (i suppose the thin skin is more durable sheddes less)

Views: 6447

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Welshcakes, I ordered Light Brown. As far as I remember that was always the lightest option. I wrote them a note that I want it highlighted but they called me back saying no can do, so I told them just to make it virgin Light Brown and I bleched the wig after it arrived myself. The color is exactly the same as yours, at least on the pics. I have two of them, one 10" another 14", both lasting very good. The first big one I fixed by cutting out about an inch wide piece of skin half way up in the nape area and stiched to that hole a piece of stretch ribbon from Michael's store. lol It's sort of messy, but so far it works. There is a lot of hair on the back so it's not noticeable at all. I think the next wig I am going to order is going to be with adjustable back straps instead of poly around perimeter to avoid those "remote orders" size problems.

Becca, yes, poly all the way around makes it a little hot. I wear bangs so poly is not noticeable at all. But silk top looks extremely natural. The cap is very professionally made.
Oh, I see what you mean about hair blend. Yes, if they blend it that will give you one even color. It will not give you a highlighted strands look. That's why I did highlights myself. Worked well. The hair is definitely virgin so coloring works on it like a charm.

Yes, silk tops are the best, looks very very good. Don't be afraid to trim poly, it's one piece and will not fall apart. But be gentle, of course :)

I spoke to the guy name Gene too. I asked him about sending a template and he explained to me that they are trying to save costs as much as they can. The hair itself is already too expensive and if they need to hire more staff to work with custom templates the wigs will cost a fortune bigger than it is now. Kinda made sence to me because their hair quality is really superb, it must be very expensive.
Welshcakes & Carla,

Thank you so much for all the info once again :)
Hi Becca,no I haven´t ordered yet,but my hair is beginning to fall out,so I´ll probably be ordering in a few months or year? Depends on my hairloss
I am also still tempted to buy something in a shop..I'll let you know when the time comes
I'm getting ready to order from russianhair and I had a question about shedding. I'm worried that I wouldn't know who to go to for fixing. Do these wigs need any maintenance? I was looking into Joseph Paris too and it seems like they need repair often. I would rather go with russianhair just for the quality alone. I had a sample sent to me and it is SO soft I can't stop playing with it. (still a little creapy that it's some stranger's hair though!).
I've been wearing synthetics since I lost all my hair in April and frustrated doesn't even describe me at this point! I had ordered a HH wig online from Raq Welch and it was so thick, once the hairdresser thinned it out it looked like Garth from Wayne's world. A horrible mullet. Useless and needs to be trashed. $650 later :( So, I'm reluctant to use Indian hair now as I did not like the thickness. This russian hair is amazing.
Just so nervous to order it.
I am thinking of investing in one of Matt Yeadle's wigs, but I spend quite a lot of time in hot countries and I am wondering how that would work. You mention that it sucks for hot activities. Can you use tape on the silicone part? Do you know whether he sells different types of caps?
I would welcome any advice
Thanks!
Have you heard of Folea? Its the newest highest quality wig with beautiful European hair.
It fits snug to your head with silicone however much you want, comes in X sm, sm, and Med, 3 different lengths and any color you want.
I am going in to get mine cut in next week, I am sooooo excited i can't stand it!!!
I'm getting it from a place called NHC {National Hair Centers] in Phoenix Az.
Let me know if you want any more info.
Wendy:)
Oh yes i actually tried a sample one on to see how comfortable and natural it looked especially around the hairline cause I know how important that is!!!
It was awesome, light weight and Kelly at NHC helped me chose how dense I wanted it to be for my lifestyle.
Iv'e had Alopecia all my life since I was 3 and worn every kind of wig out there and this system is without a doubt the best one so far I have ever seen. No tape , no glue and breathable and comfortable!!!

I live in Phoenix and it is VERY hot here so all those features are critical to me!
Hope this helps, let me know):
How are the prices for Folea? Did they say how long about it should last? or need maintenance?
The prices range from $2,000 to 4,000 i think depending on length and quality of hair you choose and amount of silicone and what type of foundation you want; there are a lot of variables. As far as how they last and maintenance, I was told they will last twice as long as other systems and you can wash them yourself if you want to just as long as you are careful to keep the hair all flowing in the same direction when rinsing which is typical for any wig .
All I can say Lynn is that I have never been soo excited about a new wig before , the quality ,no tape or glue and fits snug and is breathable,I have had to wear wigs since I was 7 years old so Iv'e worn every kind imaginable.
Mine is made with Russian hair and they come in X small, Small, or Medium and I have silicone in the front hairline ,sides and back nape area' and the rest is breathable lace foundation. The best part for me is that it fits snuggly and I never have to use tape ever again!!!
Thanks for the wishes, Ill let you know when I post on here again:)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service