How to cope with being diagnosed with alopecia? Life is so unfair :'(

Hi I'm 18 and I've just been diagnosed with alopecia areata. Its really hard to deal with It and right now it seems as though I will never accept it:'( I have beautiful long hair but its slowly disappearing:'( I just wana end my life and take the easy way out because life does NOT seem worth it. I need advice please, I need to know how I can cope with this, how I can also be strong and overcome the emotional pain:(

Views: 1408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know how u feel. When I was 16 I had beautiful hair and it slowly started thinning out. Ive got through it with prayer. I am now 31yrs old. I just always tell myself theres a reason for everything. Be strong.

Unacceptable she says.... Most people are born bald.So when you say that.. Babies are bald ...are they unacceptable too? You will only make your own life hard... Hair is not the reason why you are depressed.You made it that way. What makes you think you are any less beautiful... If you keep saying why did God gave you this? Its not going to help you feel better in the long term. Now you got alopecia what are you going to do about it? sit there and wallow or stand up and fight. If you keep taking the easy way out now.You will always take that way. You will always isolate yourself and be afraid of it. Life ain't always going to be easy but you know you aren't alone. Take baby steps. Go wig shopping. There are wigs which are so real and can be tied up that people don't see the difference.Look into options and makeup. I know its seems like its unfair... But you know what I was bullied,teased because of this condition.Even stared at and you know what... I am not going to let any condition ruin my life.I am going to live my life the way I want to.

When it comes to accepting MYSELF it is unacceptable! I think we both know I ddnt mean or say anything about babies! Hair is a huge part of anyones identity. Look I've just been diagnosed with it 3days ago it will take me a long time to deal with it and well acceptance may take forever! The thought of Not having hair makes me depressed, how does one be happy when everything is going wrong! I feel that I don't have a reason to live. This condition affects all the aspects of life! I feel socially abducted! Thank you for being concerned, means alot

I know. But you know what you are beautiful no matter what. Sometimes I forget how the condition affects people differently. I know you just got diagnosed. But don't let it get you down. That's what I meant to say.It just means you are letting a condition take control when it should be you taking control.I know what made me happy.... Wigs. And you will be surprised but alot women actually wear wigs.Even shave their hair off. celebs wear wigs. Like tyra banks. If they can look natural with wigs. You can too.And the best thing is you can wear any wigs you want. Black to blonde.If you don't want to be bald.You don't have to be but don't ever say your life ain't worth it. You are worth more than that.You are priceless. :D Don't hide that beautiful smile from the world too long. Hugs to you beautiful.

Thank you Daniel, I really do appreciate all the responses I get. It helps so much knowing that there are people who care. I feel as though I can only express my feelings on this website because you awesome individuals know how I feel and what I'm going through. Thank you guys so much! Have a great day. Big hugs to everyone:)
Thank you Ailsa, just really at a bad place I'm my life right now. Thank you so much for all your responses I cannot express how greatful I am for your kind words. Its so difficult for me to think of alternative options(wigs) when I know that once upon a time i had all my hair but its slowly just disappearing:'( that is the thought that kills me inside:'( Ailsa I think I'm losing my mind:'( I'm an emotional wreck. Thank you for caring angel. I do appreciate it sooooooo much. Biggg hugs-----«@ :)

You aren't the only one @@ University work. Honestly some people can cope better then others in same situations.While others cope badly in other part of life. You aren't going crazy. You are having your off moment. Everyone has them... OOO dear.. you should have seen me when I see a long hair pretty lady comes on a train.... My mind goes evil!!! How I wish I had shaver and shave all her hair off!! and stick it to my head.LOL No worries we will be emotional wreaks together!! I know I will always miss my hair. But at least I got people to share those off moments. You aren't alone anymore. Big hugs beautiful!!!

i have been dealing with this for about 16 years now. i know how you are feeling but you will get through this tough spot. my family and my friends were and are still there for me. please dont be afaird to lean on them for support it will help you in the long run. just so you know i still have a hard time going in public somtimes without a hat on. but i say to myself if people like me then they are my true friends if they judge me by my medical condition then they have a low self-esteem about themselves and it makes me a stronger person then what they are. i hope you will be strong and keep your head up high you WILL overcome this. trust me.

heyy girly, i hear yah and no were ur comming from, my AA showed up when i was 17 and i got diagnosed about a month ago, but ya no what?, ive come to cop with it, its something that's gunna happen wether we like it or not so ive just grown to accept it, when it first started i was terrified that someone might see my bald patch so i would always wear my hair in a goofy messy side bun at the back of my head to hide it. and you shouldnt talk about wanting to end it all, nothing could be so bad that you should EVER wanna think that way, im still somewhat concerned that someone may see it but at least now having been diagnosed i have something to reply with, and there is always hope for regrowth, i sent you a friend request so add me and check out my pictures i have one from jan, july ,and october, october was my worth month so far that ive had but i have regrowth that has returned it almost to its original size so there is hope, keep ur head up.

Aww thank you Ailsa. It really helps having someone to share my feelings with. Hope you had a great weekend. Have an aweSome week. You are truly beautiful hun. Big hugs sweety------«@
Hey laurel, thank you so much for that info. It does give mr hope. I also have re-growth but the hair is so thin its almost invisible:'( I'm trying to stay positive but its really really difficult knowing what could happen in the future. I hope you have a great week. Thank you again sweets. Big Hugs------«@

just re read over what you said just there, what COULD happen, there is no deffinat way its going to go so dont worrie about the future, live your life and be happy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service