My relationship with men always seemed to suffer because of my alopecia. Maybe its just the men I ended up with but it seems to me men love a womans natural hair. They love to smell it and play in it, no matter the length. Wigs and hair pieces have ultimately turned them off. When my ex of many years and I broke up he found someone with a headful of beautiful hair. If I could find a head covering that would fool them it would be great. Is there such a thing? Hmm.

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My boyfriend likes my fake hair, and Im not sure if he would be with me if I walked around bald.
The key is to find a guy that loves you no matter what.???????????????????????????????

none of that made any sence. really no reason to attack people for thier comments tho im sure carol was just makeing a statement on her own experience.
should probly look at your own relationship before judgeing others based on your own comments on it

this is not malisious just makeing a statement based on what iv read no offence intended
Why are you with him if you don't know if he'd be with you if you were to walk around bald?
You say that "The key is to find a guy that loves you no matter what"
I think what Carol might have been insinuating is that men prefer real hair to fake hair, just as you think your boyfriend might prefer fake hair to baldness.
I am torn as to my reply here. I have always had the upfront attitude, I am bald here you go. But I also wear my wig, and when "meeting" someone I definitely had my wig on. I make sure that men know though. So I wholeheartedly believe that we should be straight from the start and find someone that loves us for US.

However, it has been my experience up until now that men do not find bald women attractive. That it is a turn off. These are the type of men I have met. I have heard lots of men on here though say that is not true for everyone. And actually I have recently met a man that says he really doesn't care either way. That I AM attractive, likes both sides of me lol. And you know what? I honestly think that is true. So I am hoping that you and I are wrong and there really are men that find us attractive!
i have seen many a woman on here who i find very very atractive not wearing a wig. and iv obviously met women with hair who i find atractive. i really think its the person and how they present them selves and some women just exude a sexyness and confadence with or with out hair
What I get in essense from everyones reply is that We have to be comfortable in our own skin. It could be that my self conciousness came across to the men I have been close to. I still believe and may I add, have heard men say that a womans hair is her crowning beauty. Unfortunately when men list what initially attracts them to a woman hair, face and figure are the first listed. I accept that mature minded men will accept you for your inner beauty but they are scarce and hard to find....smile. Even though we all share a commonality here our experiences vary and are different.
It's down to the basics for me as a guy I like additions that enhance the beauty of a woman, if wearing a wig makes her more attractive I am all for it. What about women that got to have the nicests pairs of shoes? or those that like to wear dresses? All the things that a woman do to make themselves Healthy, happy, and positive are awesome. Its the whole package.
You don't have to tell people your bald when you meet them, that is completely your business and you have the right to disclose or keep it on the back burner for as long as you want. But if your the type of person that cannot handle keeping that type of information to yourself. Its always best to tell.
I like your choice of word *fool* hehe we're guys you will always be able to fool us :) But do you want to fool us?
Making the best first impression to unleash the chemical attraction is very key to finding a great relationship, Look the best you can and accept areas where you can't. Like when you go out on a first date. Remember your not hiding anything your looking the best you want to look.
Ladies please we aren't going to help anyone by bickering. We all have diffrent opinions about this topic. It has come up more than once at a NAAF Conference. Point blank most men or women like hair. It is the norm for everyone. Now we are among the lucky 2% that doesnt have hair. And yes I mean lucky. we have a rare condition that can be devistating but it doesnt have to be. Having Alopecia is tuff no matter how short or long of time you have had it. And being single is even tuffer. We all at one point in time have questioned if we are really beautiful bald or with hair. We have all wondered does he really love me. And your hair or lack of is not the reason. there are guys out there that only go for bald chicks and i stay away from those guys. So we have to be careful either way. I think if you meet someone with a wig or even your own hair that how they will associate you. It is all a matter of your comfort level with in your self. Were a wig dont were a wig it is all personal choice. I personally dont wear a wig and cant stand them. But I completly understand when women wont even let their boyfriends or family see them with out it. I wouldnt say a relationship would suffer because of alopeica. But alopecia can make some signifcant changes to a person which would in turn affect the relationship. But a man that would leave you just because you are bald seems to be a little shallow that would be like a man leaving you cause you gained some weight. People will like you for who your are no matter if you wear a wig or not. And anyone that doesn't is just shallow and not deserving of your time. It seems like such a simple question but yet has such a complecated answer. There is no right or wrong. There is only us and the decisions we make for ourselves.
Good morning!

While it is true that the overwhelmingly vast majority of men prefer women with hair, it is also true that there are some men out there who don't. Now, when I speak of men who like women without hair, I'm not talking about the fetishists of whom we're all leery. I'm talking about the current boyfriends and spouses of us alopecians who happen to have very little or no hair. I'll be perfectly honest -- my own boyfriend has hair issues (he's non-alopecian and is sensitive about his own head) and he has had some adjustment issues when it comes to my own AA. He has told me that he has had quite a time dealing with all the stares and questions we get when we go out together, but he makes the conscious choice every day to take it in stride and educate as many people as he can about AA. Why does he do that? He says he does that because he wakes up every day and realizes how blessed he is to have someone like me in his life -- and he makes the decision that he loves me as a person far more than he loves how I look with or without hair.

I would strongly suggest that you not find anything to "fool" a man with -- because it never fails -- a man will find out the truth, and then you will lose out on what could be the relationship you need with the man you need because you brought dishonesty into the equation from the get-go. I think all of us, at some point, have been in the boat you're currently in -- and there are so many different discussions and blog posts about this one subject alone it's not funny. I would highly suggest taking the time to read them all, and really meditate on some of the responses you see here. Even though you probably don't want to hear this, there is someone out there for you that will totally accept you, alopecia and all -- so don't settle for any of the chickenheads that make hair or physical appearance their top priority!

Many hugs to you from Nashville, TN!!
very well said
Please all =) No catfights =)=)

Hugs!
unfortunately, the men in your life represents the norm. The 'good guy unconditional love man' is few and far between. Sorry, I love men but they are visual creaures that first see what they want and when they take it home and the lights are out it must be the real thing for them to stay for the long haul.
wow thought that other chick who left a comment was a rude know it all but dang. i know im just stirring the kettle now and i wasint going to but when i read so much judgemental hog wash pouring out of what i can only asume is a self proclaimed saint and can do no wrong and allways knows the right thing to or so it seems from the dribble i just read i find it hard to keep my mouth shut. that being said.

who the heck do you think you are dr phill? a life and relationship expert? now i dont agree that any one should hide some thing like that from some one but i most def can understand how they would want to if they did not have the strenth or selfesteem to face the world bald just yet.

do you even have alopecia i dont see a picture just a made up name and a cartoon picture? are you hideing or trying to pretend to be some one else to hide? maybe some people need to have a wig to fit in and feel normal. i mean do you blame them?.

i have never wanted to fit in and have allways prided my self on being dif this just amps it to the next level so this plus me being a guy i handle it well.
so "aracnia" is it go eat some flys or some thing and dont be so judgemental.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service