Hi what type of wigs do you all recommend? I know real human hair wigs are better but they are pricy well for me since money is really tight for me.. I have bout 2 synthetic wigs lace front what if any experience have you had with lace wigs?

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kinda glad to hear this...Just had a fight with myself about all the reasons human hair is not always the best alternative. You just validated many of my thoughts!

there is a seller on ebay, tstmary who sells sheitels - her wigs look amazing and her feedback is reall really good. I have not been able to purchase from her as she carries mostly brunettes - and I need a red wig - but I would in a heart beat try hers if they were in my color. She lets you try her wigs for 15 days - wash them and brush them - just dont cut them and if you are not happy she refunds you - less six bucks. She says she now purchases the hair in bulk and has it put on caps. I really really wish she had red wigs :(

Oh, then I wish she had blondes. Brunettes have it made. So much to choose from, so inexpensive. She lets you return after washing? She cannot possibly sell them after that. She takes a huge loss? I wonder about that one. That is another issue. Getting a beautiful wig at any price, is one thing. Washing it by yourself and trying to style it and comb through it after washing, what if it tangles and is a mess? What if it is just way way too much work?

I wear nothing but hh wigs. i have done both daily wear and some that i wear a couple weeks at a time. i use shampoo and conditioner that is free of sulphates. i condition as much as possible and use Morroccan oil to keep them smooth and shiney. They are usually mo more trouble than my own hair.

There is a learning curve to wearing a wig, but once you get the hang of it, they are not that bad. i would not use synthetic, since I wear my hair all the time and I don't find them that comfortable.

she very occassionally has blondes but they are not virgin hair like her others. She does videos of all her wigs after washing and air drying with it shown in outdoor light. From what I have read if you wash it even several times and dont like it send it back and you get a refund no questions asked - what she does with it from there I dont know. Selling wigs is like a hobby that has gone out of control with her - I think she paints for a living. I have followed her on ebay and another wig forum - I spend way way too much time looking at wigs! I get mine custom maid by a wig maker in DC but so wish I could find an alternative at least for a different look from time to time as my wigs cost around $4000 each - sometimes a little less - sometimes a little more. At those prices I pretty much stick with the same look that I know looks good on me.

I think we all spend too much time looking at wigs!!! I wish I could afford $4000 for a wig. The hair I have always dreamed of and wished for. Sometimes I think this happened because I never really liked my own hair. It was always fine, and didn't do much of anything. But, it was all there, and it was all mine.

Is it tstmary?

Sorry, but human hair is NOT always better than synthetic. Good quality synthetic wigs are much easier to care for, human hair is temper mental. It needs restyling every time it is washed and will not hold a style in inclement weather.
Good quality human hair is not cheap and factories that handle good quality hair do not have sleazy web sites to sell direct to the public.
(sorry but posts like this one annoy me...)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service