My daughter is 7 and and she finally decided she wants a wig. This is one being proposed by the local shop. But I think it looks too wiggy, if you know what I mean. I really want a natural look. Opinions please. Also it needs to be secured by tape.

Views: 656

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi 

I was in your position 11 years ago. Trying on wigs and not feeling like they were fitting the bill.  (May I add at this point how cute your daughter is).  I can't really say whether this wig is going to work for you or not.  Both you and your daughter will work that out. 

As mum I was the wig watcher (not wearer), so my view was 360 degrees.  I watched and saw my daughter move.  I saw how the wind moved the hair and whether it looked realistic. I could see if the hair didn't move like her growing hair.  I could see wefts when the wind caught wigs that are made this way and I knew that if I could see so could everyone else.  My daughter looked at a style in the mirror and made a decision on how it looked and she also judged a wig on how it felt...was it comfortable,was it secure. These things meant so much to her and I fully understood her needs.

My want for my daughter was not a wig she could hide in but a wig that made her comfortable and confident to live her life.  

We found a wig that worked for  us and continues to do so from then to now.  (My daughter has AU).  We prefer the Freedom Wig (and the name is extremely appropriate).  For me and her it met all the criterias that we both felt were important.  As my daughter was only 12 I really needed to take the bull by the horns and protect her with my absolute honesty on how I thought a wig looked.  I didn't want to put her into something that would do...I wanted something that worked well. 

Don't buy the first wig you investigate...really look into this and learn about what is available and what works.  

Good luck with everything.

Rosy

The colour looks natural, if it is cut and thinned out I think it would be very nice however I am sure there are plenty of other wigs your daughter can try on.

I advise you to post this question on www.wigsupport.com site and met the ladies there, all experienced wig wearers give you their opinion. Taping a wig on could cause some irritation where the wig tape goes. I am sure you know but the majority of wigs don't need to be taped to stay on, they either have 2 straps in the back that you tighten (like a bra strap ) or they are a more expensive vacuum wig cap. As your daughter needs to play sports etc.. One of the brand of vacuum wigs maybe her best option.

Thanks for the replies.   This is her first wig and I thought about the Freedom, and the Follea, but the cost increases greatly.   As she is still only 7, and her hair does grow back, we are on the 3 cycle, i do feel that the freedom would not be worth the expense.  I investigated these before.  I don't want to shave her head at this stage.   So i am looking at a lace wig, high quality synthetic.   Like the one in the photo, but to me it still seems "wiggy" and to adult like.   I just want her to look like a little girl.      Just wanted some opinions.. 

Hi

I truly understand your dilemma and support you no matter what choice you make.  In reality the only opinion that will mean anything to your daughter is yours.  Don't be unduly swayed, trust yourself. You will find something that helps.

Hugs for you both.

Rosy 

Hi Fidgty,

I got my first wig just a week ago. I looked at Freedom Wigs like Rosy suggested but i have AA and my hair regrows. I didnt want to completely shave off my remaining hair and neither did my fiance. I met with a lovely lady in Wellington NZ and she helped me try on lots of different wigs. I found in the end (after being adament I really wanted a human hair wig) that the synthetic hair one looked amazing on. I was in the lift in my building going up to work and a lady in the lift said she loved my new hair cut and colour...i smiled and said thanks I just felt like a change! I think the human hair ones I tried on looked really wiggy and so not me...plus it was really hard to find a human hair wig that was auburn!

Good luck with your hunt!

when I was in high school back in 84 I had a wig that was horrible as you would say it looked very wiggy omg it was like I had a football helmet on.. more hair than what my original hair had.. I have gotten my recent wigs at www.wilshirewigs.com they have sum nice styles and come in many colors.. I added sum pics of sum of what they have.. but hers doesn't look wiggy I think maybe your just not use to seeing her with so much hair on her head...

Attachments:

These are very nice, natural looking children's wigs.

also for maybe when she gets older there's another site where I buy my eyebrow pencil I love it because it's a crème pencil but they have realistic ones and eyelashes  also but the site is www.headcovers.com and I just came across this other site as I was wanting to go swimming and my hair isn't water proof so I looked up wigs for that and seen some pretty neat ones  at www.hatswithhair.com hope some of this helps

Hi I think its very thick in the front and the color does not blend in with her skin tone and it does not bring out her eyes.

And I don't think you should use tape there are a lot of wigs you can get without using tape.

If you really want some realistic fashion wig, then I think you can click here to view some of http://www.eozy.com/human-hair-extension I think you should love this wig. I used to have here bought some fashion wig.

I think the color brings out her beautiful eyes. The cut suits her face it's just so thick on top. If you can have it thinned I think it's perfect.

For whatever style you decide on (this one seems too thick, and the color seems off), you should make the investment and buy at least 2 or 3 of the same style, so that she can wear them "in rotation", so they don' wear out so fast.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service