we have a few threads about oral Xeljanz treatment but nothing dedicated to information about the topical form. The cream seems like it would have less systemic side effects (more suitable for children?)

Are the people who have been using the cream getting it prescribed specifically as topical, or are you being prescribed it specifically or are you being prescribed oral and having it prepared as topical?

is there a separate trial being run for the topical version?

Does the topical treatment warrant a distinct information thread separate from the oral treatment?

My son is too young to participate in any trials, particularly of oral medication, but I'm curious what will be available to him in the future

thank you! 

Views: 19231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dermatologist called in a prescription for the topical xeljanz to the pharmacy in Pa.for 1 tube cost $335.00.My Doctor wants me to apply it twice a day to one eyebrow and a silver dollar size spot and see if it works.I am already on Zeljanz and plaquenil pills with no new regrowth.I never lost my eyelashes and one eyebrow has 80 percent hair the other 50.So I will try it on the one with more hair loss.Hope this works because I'm running out of options. I think the cream would have a better chance of getting covered by insurance .Last year my old Doctor said he had a patient make the pills into a cream but it was extremely expensive and it worked not sure why this cream is so reasonable maybe it's not as strong.Will let everyone know how this works out!

Hi, I am really hoping this works for you. Can you share the name of your Dr and the pharmacy that they received it from? My daughter is currently experiencing spontaneous regrowth after 7 years of being AU but some spots and sides are slow to fill in so I would like to have this cream as an option. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Karen my Doctor is in Santa Monica Ca. Any Doctor can call in the cream for your daughter.Lars Brichta,PharmD PhD,phone 855-790-0100 address 829 Spruce St Suite 100 Philadelpha Pa.19107.I gave my Doctor this info she called immediately before I got home the pharmacy already calledGave them my credit card info over the phone.This was on Moday and received an e-mail that the cream will be delivered on Friday!Im thinking if your daughter is in the regrowth stage this could work great for her.Good Luck!
So with doctors now prescribing the topical form is there any concerns for safety or side effects? Don't people taking oral xeljanz have to get regular blood work done?

Thank you!!!

Xjelanz unfortunately won't work on androgenic alopecia. It is a topical immune suppressant. It will only work on autoimmune alopecia.

Wow! It looks like they are only recruiting in Minnesota at this time. Has anyone called to see if they can participate with their general doctor? 

I have called and got more info. The problem for me is the location is a few hours away which is doable but it is a double blind study so I might be one those that does not get the real stuff.

Yeah it's sad they need to have a "control" group. I've been living as the control group for a long time! ;) I guess for people with just patchy alopecia it makes sense, as they'd like evidence it's not spontaneous remission (if it works). I also called and they are supposed to call me back. I asked if I could participate with my local doc. Will update when I hear back.

Received my xeljanz cream in the mail today a much larger tube than I thought it would be. Weird though very short shelf life it was made on Febuary 2 and it said discard after March 3,2016! I'm suppose to apply it to one eyebrow and a small spot to see what happens.I will end up throwing away half a tube at that rate.Also a nice light cream not greasy at all.Anyone using it seeing any regrowth yet?
Football fan - DO NOT throw the topical cream in a month. The pharmacy has to follow a law that forced them to state so on the topical ointment since they don't know what each individual does with the cream. I personally emailed the pharmacist and this is what he told me
Jags

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service