we have a few threads about oral Xeljanz treatment but nothing dedicated to information about the topical form. The cream seems like it would have less systemic side effects (more suitable for children?)

Are the people who have been using the cream getting it prescribed specifically as topical, or are you being prescribed it specifically or are you being prescribed oral and having it prepared as topical?

is there a separate trial being run for the topical version?

Does the topical treatment warrant a distinct information thread separate from the oral treatment?

My son is too young to participate in any trials, particularly of oral medication, but I'm curious what will be available to him in the future

thank you! 

Views: 19231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much for your input, Pat.Best Wishes to you!

Thank you Beth

Pat do you supply the pills and it costs $2000 To still make the cream?How strong is it?I order mine from the pharmacy in Pennsylvania for $330.I am on week 13 with no new growth and also am taking oral xeljanz nothing seems to be working for me.And I have all my eyelashes nose hairs and 60 percent eyebrows.Also about 20 to 30 percent of my hair I don't get why I'm not responding.

I think the cream is 3% still in the making my pharmacist is working it out now so when I'm sure I will update. I am in Australia and it is going to cost approx. 2000 for the pills and then a small fee for preparation. Big chance that it may not work by the sounds of previous entries but I am desperate and will try anything at this stage. Not coping at all with my condition.. I'm sorry you're  not responding I really feel your pain.

Hi Pat, I've been following the thread on Xelijanz cream, and I am also in Australia. I plan to get some 2% cream made up for my 16 year son, who has AA, but I have not  yet found a reply in the discussion group that say their hair grew back.

Did your hair grow back after you used the cream?

bit of a let down. I have now been advised that the total cost will be 15000.

For a 100 gram tube!!!! Will talk again to the pharmasist later.
Seems outrageous when you can get it for 330 for a 30 gram tube.
I will look into maybe my pharmo talking to pharmo in Philadelphia maybe I can have it imported to Australia. Will keep updating.

Have hit a brick wall! I have contacted Pharmacist is US and he cannot send the cream to Australia it is illegal. If I come to US and see a Dr there and get a script I can then take 3 months supply back with me legally.

Hi Pat, I got a script from our local GP, and the local compound pharmacist in Randwick is happy to make the cream, but it costs $1200.

Not much point if noone out there has had regrowth.

Is anyone responding to the Tofacitinib cream?  I've been using it for 11 weeks with nothing to show for it. Has anyone gotten any updates from Dr. King recently? 

I've had no results from using topical Xel and Rux after using for 12 weeks

Weird the rats grew hair back immediately on xeljanz and Ruxolitnib cream.My doctor prescribed the cream to a few patients after me I saw her Wednesday and she said their not responding either.The cream does feel slightly tingling and itchy when you first put it on like it's working.Im going to use it for 3 more months and see what happens.Wish we heard some news on how the trial is going.Good luck everyone

Hi Football, hope you're well. I'm just picking up your thread from 2016, on topical Xeljanz and rux. Do you mind me asking how it's going? My 17 year old is now very self conscious, and so wants me - his dad - to look for a solution?!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service