we have a few threads about oral Xeljanz treatment but nothing dedicated to information about the topical form. The cream seems like it would have less systemic side effects (more suitable for children?)

Are the people who have been using the cream getting it prescribed specifically as topical, or are you being prescribed it specifically or are you being prescribed oral and having it prepared as topical?

is there a separate trial being run for the topical version?

Does the topical treatment warrant a distinct information thread separate from the oral treatment?

My son is too young to participate in any trials, particularly of oral medication, but I'm curious what will be available to him in the future

thank you! 

Views: 19231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Football fan are you in topical only or also in pills? have you had any grown?

Pills and cream.I am one of the only ones that hasn't had any regrowth on pills.Weird because I'm not AU.

Nothing as yet, I only did 12 weeks on meds because that was the protocol of the clinical trial I was participating in, enough to see any response apparently. Just topical, no oral Jaks

How are you doing Football fan? getting growth?

I think it is helping.My hair did stop falling out.Going to the doctor in 2 weeks she took pictures so we will be able to compare.

Hi Football Fan,

Best of Luck! I hope both the cream and the pill are working for you. I know how deflating it can be when a treatment does not seem to be working. We've been there and it is very upsetting.

I am especially interested in the Topical because I am looking for hope for my daughter's condition.

Thanks again for contributing!

I hope it'll work good for you after all this time(i remember you are in cure from a lot of time) noone important side effect?

Are you using topical only in eyebrwon or also in other sectores?

I was using topical Rux and Xel on eyebrows and two areas of my scalp

Thank you for your answer ...

I have been on 2% topical Tofacitinib for 9 weeks now without any response. The pharmacist and my doc told me that some people are responding, but I won't believe it till I see it. It's too bad, since I really had high hopes for it as a safe treatment.

why they do not try 5% instead of 2%? 

I have just spoken to a pharmacist who is going to convert 56 tablets into approx. 30 gram cream for me. I had to get a script from my Dr first. I am not taking any oral xeljanz. Cost is approx. $2000 but he said the cream should last 3 months. I have AAT with 50% hair loss.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service