Just a thought about little things that change when you loose your hair... some of them i like, some of them i miss.

I like

different hair stiles
fake lashes, lots of them
taking the wig off, when I come home
no shaving
soft, silky skin
surfing wig sites
alopecia world
shape of my head
ability to make jokes about baldness

I miss

feeling of wet hair under shower
ponytails
putting my mascara on
brushing my hair
waking up without thinking about wigs, adhesive, lashes..

Views: 481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I miss ... all of the above plus
the feeling of wind blowing my hair
the "cold" summers
the gentle touch of a hand through my hair

I know I miss wearing my hair back. You a very pretty with no hair, I just started losing my armpit hair. I am not sure but I think my AA is now becoming AU.
I know I miss wearing my hair back. You a very pretty with no hair, I just started losing my armpit hair. I am not sure but I think my AA is now becoming AU.

Pauline, im so sorry to hear that, i hope it is just a transition. If you need any advice about fake eyebrows and eyelashes, please write to me. I've lost all of my body hair this year, so im new to everything, but i've read and learned a lot in past six months.

I miss:

Seeing a head of my own hair
Eyelashes can not seem to put on false ones they do not stay and irritate my eyes
Eyebrows for facial expressions

I do not miss:
Shaving my legs, my armpits
Dyeing my hair
Curling my hair
Blow drying my hair
Worrying about my hair
hmmmmmmm I think I am a okay

i like... not having to take time to straighten my hair.
not ever having split ends :)
that ive gained confidence and humor through out this

i miss... running my fingers through my hair
washing my hair in the shower
going to the hair salon
not having to worry what my boyfriends going to think.

Good morning, Stella!
Thank you for having a fun, lighthearted outlook! Your post and the others, made me smile this morning. This is still new to me. I am just beginning to meet others, and I am encouraged by your comments. It has been my mindset to stay positive, honest and lighthearted about it all. I love your two short lists of 'likes and misses.' I believe I shall make a list similar to yours and enjoy doing so!! Even your 'miss' list brings me joy...because it reminds me to be thankful for even the memory of those experiences. =0)

I hear ya on the ponytails...I miss those too! I began losing my hair when I was seven, and I can barely remember what it's like to be able to run my fingers through my hair and pull it back into that tight ponytail.

I like:

Never getting head lice.

No worrying about how my hair looks.

The fact I'm the best hair stylist amongst my friends and I've got nothing but eyelashes to my name.

No worrying about my 'roots' showing, no split ends or unwanted hair cuts, or painful ponytail holders gripping it.

What I miss/hate

The feeling of getting my hair brushed and being able to wear hair clips.

Not getting sunburns on my scalp in the summer.

Besides that? I miss absolutely nothing! It's who I am, me and my Alopecia.

I like:
Saving time in the shower
The summers are less hot for me :)
My boyfriend not laying on top of my hair :) *ouch*
Finding long hairs all over the place.
Not having bad hair days

I miss:
The wind blowing through my hair
wearing less makeup

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service