I just wanted to give everyone an update on my fiancé's progress while taking Xeljanz. My fiancé has had alopecia for the past 2 years. When she first started taking Xeljanz she had no eyebrows or eyelashes, and about 80% hair loss on her scalp. After taking 5 mgs twice a day for the past 2 months she has started to have regrowth on her eyelashes and eyebrows.
Please keep in mind they are not terminal hairs yet, but it is a huge start considering she had none. This is a great sign that she is responding to the medicine. Although she has not noticed any regrowth on her scalp as of now, the hair that she does have has not been fallen out since starting Xeljanz

We both continue to stay positive and optimistic.

Please contact me if you have any question I would be glad to help out in anyway that I can.

Views: 10495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow Lori that is great news. I am happy for you!!! And Yes my fiancés eyelashes are 85% back and her eyebrows are about 50% back. She has started to have regrowth on her scalp behind her ears and her existing hair hasn't fallen out since. Also, no signs of any negative side effects.

Please keep me posted on you progress.
Attachments:

Thanks!! Good luck to her also for her hair growth!! That's what I will be waiting for!!! 

My Fiancés 6 month update on Xeljanz.

My fiancés eyebrows and eyelashes or 100% back, and her entire scalp is covered with new regrowth. There are currently no bald spots left and she has not lost any of her existing hair.

Thank you all for your love and support. I pray each day that there will be a cure!!!
Attachments:
Hello giusep,

Is there any plan to start taking a smaller dose or stopping the medication? Like many others my insurance isn't covering. I'm about a month and half in though and seeing growth
would hate to have to stop so early..

Fantastic Guisep!

Really happy for the both of you. 

9 month update. My fiancé has experienced 100% full regrowth! Her eyelashes, eye brows, and scalp has completely grown back. She could not be happier. I am truly grateful to have found this website, and was able to find this treatment for my fiancé. Thank you all for the love and support!!!
Attachments:
Here's another one
Attachments:

Absolutely amazing...thanks for sharing. What is your plan to scale back the treatment? 1 pill a day for 3 months...then 1 pill every other day...adjust/monitor?

Hey Seahawks Dad, Thanks!!!She is going to continue on 2 a day for now Bc the sides are still pretty short, but eventually she will wean off of it like you said.

Hi Giusep. Happy regrowth to your fiance :) It's so great. Please keep us posted till a few months after she stops taking Xelanj. We are all eager to know if the results are permanent. Thanks a lot and good luck.

That is absolutely amazing!! Thanks for the update! Can I ask how many tablets she was on a day? And if she used any immunosuppressants before or along side xeljanz?
Also what type of alopecia she had? Thankssss

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service