HI Guys,

Has anyone imported Xeljanz from india via Fedex?

Just wondering if its reliable and if it gets through customs without issue.

Thanks!

Views: 73306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

interestingly I've been having Biohair (topical xeljanz) sent from USA into Canada with no problems. 

Do your homework on the requirements for bringing prescription medication across borders, good luck!

Vanessa I too am Canadian and am going to try ordering in some tofacitinib from Bangladesh. Sounds like getting it sent to a US address will be better as it may not make it across the Canadian border. Did you try getting it mailed to Canada. Thanks so much for your help.

AU now for 4 yrs.

Health Canada won't allow it to be shipped in. My first order from beacon was rejected this way.

You will have to order it to the USA and pick it up yourself

Thanks for your response. Any issues driving it across the border?  Hopin to order some soon.

I live near Guelph Ont and have AU x 4 yrs. Have you had luck getting the Tofacitintib from Beacon to Canada? Thanks for your help

Hi my daughter is 19 we no nothing about this in New Zealand our doctor said there is no treatment and we are very scared she had one big patch now after A minth she had 4 please anyone what can we do to help her 

Attachments:

Hey Mygirl,

Looking at this pic, are the little brown follicles where new growth is coming back in?

She has 4 patches?

This looks like AA for sure?

Have you tried any steroid injections or topical steroids?

Have you seen a decent dermatologist?

I think the little brown follicles/spots are actually exclamation point hairs.  I think I can recall having these when I was losing my hair.  I believe they are a diagnostic marker of AA.  Sorry about your daughter.  She will be ok.  I lost all my hair in my early 30's (10years ago) and it was an adjustment, but overall I have a happy and typical life.  And now it seems there are many breakthroughs happening with regard to mainstream and alternative treatments.  Ten years ago a top dermatologist told me there would not be a viable treatment option in my lifetime.  Now I am seeing pictures like Nicole's of full regrowth for folks with AT/AU.  Things are looking up.     

Amen Vanessa

So AA is that meaning the hair will grow back I’m sorry I don’t know anything about this our doctors have given nothing at all and say there is no treatment they told us to look into wigs as for the dermatologist we can’t even be seen they re to busy seeing patients they can treat 

AA stands for alopecia areata, which is a specific type of hair loss - thought to be caused by immune system dysfunction (autoimmunity) and presenting in a particular way (patchy).  Many (most?) people who have AA will continuously lose small patches of hair that grow back.  Some of us have a more severe case whereby we lose all the hair on our head (alopecia areata totalis or 'AT') and perhaps all body hair as well (alopecia areata universalis or 'AU').  Some folks go years losing small (or big) patches of hair that grow back, and at some point progress to AT or AU.  Others go from having all of their hair to none in a few weeks!  Myself, first my fingernails got pitted (which, as it turns out, sometimes happens for people with more severe alopecia) and then I slowly lost all my hair over 1.5 years (AU).  My fingernails eventually recovered and I grew some hair back on my body (incl eyelashes - yay!) but never on my head.  Here you can read about AA on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata

It's a very unpredictable disorder and I think the uncertainty is the toughest part.  For me things got easier once all my hair was gone and I didn't have to deal with the 'what if's' anymore. 

But as I was saying above, there are now medications that can make a difference even for people like myself with severe AA (this is a huge breakthrough in the last 4-5 years) though they are currently difficult to access and come with risk of side-effects (as do all medications).  I'm optimistic that safety and accessibility will continue to improve.  

Also, I see some pretty convincing results for people who can really dedicate themselves to major lifestyle and diet changes (I don't seem to be one of them!), so that may be an approach to try.  Again here, I think more is being learned every day about the underlying causes of  autoimmunity.  Here's a story:

https://experiencelife.com/article/claire-camerons-success-story/

My son (age 9) has also had some mild alopecia and I worry for him (so hard on the parents) but am also hopeful that some clever folks are cracking the code on this disorder...

Has anyone been hearing back from Beacon as of recent? I wired money last week and am not getting a response from them when asking if they've received it yet. Hoping they are just busy.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service