I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dr. Who, I don't mind. I was letting you know that I thought the cream used on the girl was Xeljanz, so I typed that reply. Then I said to myself "I better check the article to make sure I'm accurate" and I did and found out I was wrong; the topical cream that Dr. King used to grow back the 17 year old girl's scalp and eyebrows was TOPICAL RUXOLITINIB, not Xeljanz. Then I went back to delete my inaccurate reply (within the 15 minute edit time) deleted it, and thought it was done, lol! Much to my surprise and embarrassment, I saw that you had kindly corrected me and my original wrong answer WAS STILL THERE! But if my mistake turns out helping others, great, lol! In the meantime, I learned I better check my facts BEFORE replying in the future. The 15 minute edit time on here isn't reliable. Posters beware, lol!

hi ujjain, you can, but before going check with your bank any daily limits on the amount of money you can withdraw with your cards. i had to raise mines.

my advice to you, however, is just bring cash, dont worry i don't think anyone is going to steal you. I feel pretty safe there in that aspect. You wil be able to save money maybe 150 euros in that way,  just go to a exchange office and change your money directly there, and  look around for the best exchange rate.

According to my experience the best deal has been bringing euros with me and exchange them there, the second best paying directly in the pharmacy by card,  and the worst withdraw money in an atm lots of commissions here.

I have an Lloyds Avios Rewards Credit Card with no foreign transaction fees. So I only pay the Mastercard daily rate, which costs less than 0,1% of the entire amount. The spending limit is £4500, so that should be fine.

That would be better than even the good rates than bringing €2000+ and finding a good exchange office in Istanbul. I do agree that paying with most debit cards or using an ATM is just plain horrible and you pay much extra.

I would feel much more comfortable paying by credit card, but I don't know if Turkish pharmacies would accept Mastercard credit cards.

ok, i didnt know that, then it's better your way. They accept mastercard don't worry

Çok teşekkür ederim, arkadaş.

You don't know how much I value your help. Same for Xeljanzmiracle.

You are welcome Ujjain, we are all in this together. Baldies Unite!!!
Bunty, I saw your personal message to me. You want to know the cost of Xeljanz for one month in what country?
Hey all, my wife's dermatologist in NYC said they are conducting studies now on the topical form of Xeljanz, but I am not sure where. I am going to do a little research and see what I can find out.
The studies are being done by Dr. King and SP06 and Xeljanz2015 are participants. Both have received Topical Xeljanz from Dr. King and have been using it a few weeks.
If your going to buy from turkey just print this and show them.
It's a set price for xeljanz
1773. Turkish lira I recommend not paying with cash as 1 packed is about 1 month wage in turkey.
If you exchange and carry around large amounts of cash you might get targeted.
http://www.ilacrehberi.com/v/xeljanz-5-mg-film-kapli-tablet-e5de/
Posting again for anyone who missed this before!
Dr Kings interview about xeljanz.
http://www.thebaldtruth.com/hair-loss-treatments/arthritis-drug-rev...
Thanks Sabri for bringing this up again, I had not seen it. It brings up some interesting thoughts on what might be possible maintenance doses.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service