I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey guys, sorry i havent been on here for about a week, i was busy with exams and stuff. A few days ago i recieved tofacitinib cream from dr.king in the mail, and like xeljanz2015 said, it was 30 grams for a little over $300. Dr.king instructed me to apply it to only one eyebrow and one small spot on my head twice daily. Hopefully the cream is effective.
Hello
What's the concentration of cream ? I mean how many percent ?
Please update us with your progress .
The tube says, "Tofactinib 2% lipoderm base cream"

Sp06, it's nice you got it too! Hopefully it's going to work! 

I hope so too, i see dr. King again in march as well

Did he change/add things to your treatment? I was a bit overwhelmed by all the things we added, but I'm getting used to it now. 

I actually visited dr.king for the first time on nov 14, and started xeljanz on dec 10. So ive been on xeljanz for only about one and a half months right now. Ive already seen results on my scalp, but my eyebrows were still shedding so i requested dr.king for the cream. Currently all i take is xeljanz(2 pills a day), biotin 5000mcg, and the tofacitinib cream.
Dr. Who, EXCITING NEWS FOR EVERYONE! Jags has posted the name, address and phone number of the COMPOUNDING PHARMACY she received a 30 grm tube of TOPICAL XELJANZ from in Philadelphia, PA, USA. for only $300! She posted it on the Stanford Trial, Part 2 thread. Dr. Who, could you post it on this thread for everyone? I don't know how to copy and paste with my phone. Thanks. Could you also open a discussion on it so that others don't have to wade thru over 2,000 replies to find the info? Hopefully, this is the safer and more economical answer for millions of people! We are SO BLESSED EVERYONE!

Has anyone had results using the cream?

Yes, some rats, lol! I forget where that article was not too long ago. But seriously, a 17 year old girl grew back her hair and eyebrows, but she was using topical Ruxolitinib, not Xeljanx. That was published in Yale News in December by Dr. King. In the other study, I think the rats were given topical Xeljanz and topical Ruxolitinib and both worked. I think it was a study by Dr. Angela Christiano.
Compounding Pharmacy info, address and phone number for Topical Xeljanz is on page 12 of Stanford Trials, Part 2 discussion. Posted by Jag. Cost was around $350. They need a prescription from your doctor.

Oh, ok! Good luck! I hope it all comes back fast! Dr. King is great!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service