I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that you and Sp06 used the same pharmacy because you are both trial patients of Dr. King. Can you look on your tube and let us know what the pharmacy info is? We're trying to see if its different from one Jag used in Philadelphia.
Its the same pharmacy as the one Jag posted

I am just trying to speak to them before I go.

I went to a UK pharmacy and Boots didn't have Protopic nor could they order it from their suppliers. I'd prefer to have spoken to the pharmacy to confirm that they will have it in stock.

Hi!

I have a daughter with alopecia, she is 17 years, 

To see her sorrow, gives me so much pain,

I have written to dr King in november, but I havent got any answear.

I need just to get this medicine, so do any of you know a docktor in USA that can prescribe this medicine for mye child?

I can pay all the money it costs, I just need the medicine. We live in Norway, but since the medicine is not on the european marked, we have to travel to USA.

Please, I am so thankfull if any of you can give me name on a gp that can prescribe the medicine for my child.

Dr Lindsay bordone at Columbia dermatology .. Make an appointment with her then get the copay savings card and you can use that towards the cost of the medication

Thanks 

I will try that:-)

Hi.

One more question:

Is it easy to get in contact with this doctor?

Do you have any contactinformasion?

I also see dr. Bordone. She is an incredible person and extremely caring. She is located in NYC I can get you the phone number
Her number is 2123268465. See is easily reachable and you could have an appointment with her within two-three weeks I am sure. I wasn't aware that someone could come to the US and use the whole copay card at once but it is worth looking into. If possible that would give you 12000 worth of the medicine. Singh on here came from the UK to get his xeljanz perhaps you could ask him about the process he also saw dr. Lindsey Bordone
Go to Turkey. You can get xeljanz pills there without doctor. You pay around 600 euros of xeljanz for one month that is 2 pills a day.

Thank you, that was good news for us in Europe. Do you know if the medicine can be obtained with out prescribtion from a doctor? Or can it be bought in a pharmacy?

Yes can be bought directly from pharmacy without a prescription. Some guys on this forum did it as well with succes

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service