I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes very easy I will get info when I get home tonight or you can google her phone number .. Only thing I can't go to her anymore bc she doesn't accept my insurance and her office visits are expensive so now I just see my rheumatologist . But she is very nice and will help you
I am sure The copay savings card will not ship Zeljanz to Norway!Sounds like Turkey is your best bet.
So yes, you have several options: 1. Come to the U.S. and get a prescription from a doctor and use the Pfizer Co-pay card to get $12,000 worth of FREE Xeljanz (about a 4 month supply); 2. Go to Turkey and get the Xeljanz without a prescription at a cheaper price. Personally, I would bring my daughter to a doctor in U.S. first, and then before the $12,000 of free Xeljanz is gone, and you know how the Xeljanz is working for your daughter, then get it directly from Turkey at a reduced price until the end of this year. At the beginning of 2017 your daughter can get free Xeljanz again. Its best to have your daughter monitored by a doctor familiar with Xeljanz so they can periodically check her bloodwork, liver, etc. for possible side effects and infections. Option 3 is to ask a U.S. doctor to prescribe Topical Xeljanz for your daughter to be made at a compounding pharmacy since she is a minor. The topical version is even more economical ($300 for a tube) and will be safer for her system as its only applied to her scalp and eyebrows, and lastly, 4. Perhaps the doctor will recommend a combination of the topical and the pills like Dr. King used on another 17 year old girl with great success. I Hope this helps and wish you the best!
the United States pharmacies will not ship xeljanz to a country were it is not legal!So how can you use the xeljanz co pay card if you live in Norway.That card is strictly for people who live in the U.S. And have insurance that won't cover the drug.They will only give you 1 bottle every month and they call your insurance company first to make sure your not covered.Mexico and Turkey won't even ship it here and it's legal here even if you have a prescription.You can come here and get a doctor to prescribe it but it will cost about 2,700$ for a one month supply.
I didn't have insurance and used my copay card .. I've recieved 3 bottles from oct to December because my next one would have been Jan and didn't want the remaining dollars of 2015 copay card to "go to waste" so I asked if they could ship 2 weeks early and they agreed .. Now it's a new calandra year so I will receive another 4 bottles on the copay card .. No insurance necessary

Hi

I was thinking the same about the xeljanz co-paid card, so we are prepared to pay the costs of the medicine our self. Do you have any names on doctors that will prescribe the medicine?

I dont know any doctors in U.S.

Katiegirl replied with her phone number ( dr bordone) 2123268465 is the phone number to the dermatologist in NYC
P.S. Aurora Sophie, In answer to Football fan you get your $12,000 worth of free Xeljanz with the co-pay card in the U.S. and take it back to Norway with you.
There are people on this forum from other countries that have used the co-pay card to buy up to 3 bottles of Xeljanz at a time and taken it home with them. But I will let them share their personal experiences themselves.
Not trying to start a problem but don't want her to get her hopes up on that co pay card.They will only ship 1 bottle at a time to your address once a month they will not give you 12,000$ worth all at one time.Has any one else from another country tried to use the copay card with success ?
I get a 3 month supply with no problems! She could do the same when she's here in the US.

Thanks for all the help.

It is so painful seeing my child struggle like this, she is actually very brave, using wig, but now since eyelashes eyebrows also is falling of, she is really sad.

We have now the finances ready, so hopefully we find a doctor soon that can prescribe the pills and the cream. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service