I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

Thanks for good advices.

Do you know witch pharmacy in Turkey ? Is it best to go to Istanbul?

If we first go to U.S. do you have any names on a docktor that ca prescribe Xeljanz?

And do you think we will get this Pfeizer Co-pay card, since we just are turists?

I have been trying to find GP in New York, but there are so many, and I would be glad if anyone could give us names on some doctors. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Aurora Sophie, I was also 17 when I started losing my hair! By 19 it was all gone :( It was terrible to go through it! I was AU for 15 years and now finally it's all growing back with Xeljanz. I really hope you can get it for your child!

All I need now is name on a doctor to prescribe it. I have the money.

My husband is phoning Turkey today...trying at least. 

But if we get name on a doctor in U.S. we would prefer to start here.

I have been writing to dr King at Yale, and some other hospitals, so far they have not answered. 

They said so many patients is getting this treatment now, and we are eager to to get the medication as fast as possible.

Do you have any doctors to recommend ? for instance in New York?

Hello Auroro I am from the uk and went to New York to obtain my xeljanz. You don't need insurance just a co-pay card which you can download of the Internet. However you do need a prescription from a Doctor.

I seen Dr Lindsey bordone. She is amazing ! And a lot cheaper to see her than Dr King.

Pm anytime if you need any more details.
Aurora we have you a doctor in NYC her name is Lindsey Bordone I also posted the phone number

I think it's great I just find it hard to believe that the cream costs that much. If this is confirmed than yes it is amazing
The cream costs less, but it's a small amount. 30grams is almost nothing! If you had to apply it to the entire head 2x day it would probably cost even more as you would need several tubes to last a month.
I figured that much. I assumed it would be fairly just as much whether you take it orally or apply it topically. Thank you for the information xeljanz2015
Well 4 tubes at $300 a month is only $1,200 compared to $3,000 a month, so that's still a big difference if it works, and also it will be safer. But I can't see using it close to the eyes for eyelash regrowth. I hope the cream will really benefit those with AA who may only need help with some bald spots.
Hey Xeljanz2015, you never told me the name and number of the compounding pharmacy on the tube.
I said it's the same pharmacy! And Sp06 also responded saying it's the same pharmacy as Jags.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service