I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

May I ask you how you got the cream from this compounding pharmacy in Philadelphia? I would like to try this cream first as well before I start the pills. But as I am from Europe I am more than willing to travel to the States to buy the cream. However I just need a doctor first I guess who is willing to help me through a compounding pharmacy? Or can I just call this compounding pharmacy for the cream? 

Please keep us updated about your daughter's progress with the pills! All the best. 

Hey 3eddie, there are two people on our forum that are going to Instanbul to get Xeljanz and check on a cream version there TOMORROW and Sunday. If Topical X is available there, that would save you having to travel to the U.S. etc. and you wouldnt need a doctor's prescription. Dr. Who is also going to check on Topical X and Topical R (Ruxolitinib) in Switzerland, as he is traveling there now.

Our physician, a pediatric dermatologist, prescribed the cream for the pharmacy to fill it.

Congratulations on your improved growth Cmmd30!

I've booked my flight to Istanbul. I'm flying tomorrow at 16:45. Let's hope all goes well. :)

Wow nice, please do tell us what happened!

Hi.

I am going on Sunday to Istanbul, and I have phoned the pharmacy and just has to pick up the medicine.

I will phone ones more today and ask about the cream and price.

Wonderful Aurora Sophie! Too bad you and Ujjain aren't going to be in Turkey at the same time. What is the name of the pharmacy you called to order the Xeljanz in advance and what is their phone number?

:-)

Rebul pharmacy

Adresse: Şht. Muhtar, 34435 İstanbul, Tyrkia
yeah, I am taking 1 week holiday at the same time:-)
How long is Ujjain in Istanbul? I am there one week.

I called the Ayasofia pharmacy and they said that you have to first order in person, then wait 6 hours or 1 day and collect it. So going there Friday morning and collecting Friday later or Saturday should be all fine, they are closed Sunday.

You were able to already make the order over the phone or ask them to get it in stock in advance?

I am flying back Sunday morning. I wouldn't mind meeting up with anybody who'd happen to be in Istanbul though.

Hi good on you ujjain please don't forget to ask about availability of topical cream and how much it costs.Thanks man.
Hey ADML, How are you doing? We miss hearing from you! I want all the new readers on here to know that this is ADML's discussion, not mine. He started this in AUGUST 2014 and was one of the first to participate in a Xeljanz trial. He is the reason this discussion has been so successful and enlightening for thousands of people worldwide. He allows us to speak FREELY on here and doesn't try to control what we talk about, whether its our diets, search for cheaper Xeljanz or other Jak inhibitors. The last time he posted he said he would be giving us the ingredients for Topical X. For those of you who are new on here, I urge you to go back to the VERY BEGINNING of this discussion and learn what ADML's first experiences with Xeljanz were like. Many of you have reached out to me personally and thanked me for helping you, but everything I learned (aside from my own experience since getting approved for FREE Xeljanz) came from reading all 2300 plus replies on here from ADML and hundreds of others and their personal experiences with Xeljanz, etc. Please look at the regrowth pictures everyone has posted too. They are truly inspiring and give us all hope. Once again, thank you ADML for allowing us to share your Xeljanz journey.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service