I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So far only one pharmacy here in the US has started making the cream, and it's very recent, we don't even know if it's going to work. They use the tofacitinib to make it. If another pharmacy is able to also get the tofacitinib they should be able to make it too. It's 2% tofacitinib lipoderm base cream. 30grams
Yes, I mean Topical Xeljanz. Topical X is my nickname for it, lol!. I'm sure you do. A compounding pharmacy is one that makes up INDIVIDUAL orders for patients that are not available to the general public.

Very nice to see more Jak inhibiting options out there.

I bought 5 packs of Xenjaz for 8500 Turkish lira. I arrived in the pharmacy at 11:00 in the morning and they said I could collect at 14:00, so just 3 hours later.

How old are you btw?

28 - Since 2008, AA only for a few months before going full AU pretty soon.

Seems UK people got the moneyzz

The flight from the UK to Turkey isn't that expensive and most people really care a lot and are hoping to cut down on the dose later. Living on 1 pill a day would cost around ~£215 monthly assuming a pack of 56 costs £400.

For me it's worth a shot, but I do feel the differences in response time are pretty big, so I'm hoping for the best. I'd already be very happy with just eyebrows to be honest.

That's great you got to buy it! Good luck and hopefully lots of hair will come back! For me losing eyebrows and eyelashes was way more devastating than the hair itself!

True that , same for me

As a lady, I find my semi permanent tattooed brows and eyeliner covers that. I miss my long, brunette, curly hair, though!!

Ujjain, make sure and take the correct doseage of Xeljanz, which is 2 per day starting out. Take one in the morning and one in the evening. Hopefully, you will have regrowth in a month or so. Look for tiny, fine, white blondish hairs. The hair will get darker and longer in time. We are all rooting for you and wish you the best. Let us know when you see your first peachfuzz. After having ABSOLUTELY NO HAIR on my body for 6 years, September 1, 2015 when I saw my first scalp hair, was one of the most exciting days of my life!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service