I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are welcome Fenster.

For anyone going to see Dr. King soon, I think this person brings up a good point.

http://www.alopeciaworld.com/forum/topics/topical-ruxolitinib-from-...

Just reposting it because I think its a good question.

I'm glad that you reposted the question about Topical R (Ruxolitinib) because it WORKED on a 17 year old teenage girl last year. Whereas, I haven't heard from one person on this thread that Topical X (Xeljanz) has worked for them so far to regrow eyebrows or scalp hair. This is important because everyone was so excited a few months ago when we found out about the compounding pharmacy in Philadelphia that makes and mails out Topical X. Hey, I have an idea. Someone should call that compounding pharmacy and ask them if they make Topical R also. They can also ask Dr. King if he will prescribe it for them. The Topical X is only $300 a tube. I wonder how much the Topical R is for those that are interested?
OK everyone, I just spoke to the compounding pharmacy in Philadelphia. Their phone number is (855) 790-0100. THEY DO COMPOUND (make into a cream form) Topical RUXOLITINIB! Its $1,485 for a 30 grm tube.

$1485 !!!!!!!!! What a bargain !!

Not compared to the 9 pounds you spent on EBay for Berberine Bibby. How is that working for you? Are you still experiencing regrowth? Have the hairs turned dark yet?

No 

I have had a bad reaction to taking meds with extreme flaking of skin. I am off ALL meds. I have booked a trip to Turkey to purchase the xeljanz in July. Have to wait till my system relaxes a bit. Your growth looks fantastic btw XMiracle. 

Thank you. I let Getinformation know about Xeljanz today. It sounds like he has AU, the same as me.

Thank you for looking into it. I am hoping it goes into trials and becomes an FDA approved treatment so it becomes affordable.

You are welcome. Topical R is in Clinical Trials.
My son is currently on 2% topical ruxolitnib..he has been on treatment for 3 months...but unfortunately has not responded

Xeljanz is like a designer drug for the very rich. Yet it is not prescribed for Alopecia.

560 euros is like 4 months wages in Turkey.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service