I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes.. I had white hair for a very long time.. First 3 months no hair and than white baby type hairs for another 3 to 4 months.. I am now on 20mgs a day and have full hair growth

Can you tell me your experience please with the Hardship program?  What is the income limit, and what does the hardship program provide.  Thank you very much and good luck.

Fenster, call Xelsource for questions about Pfizer's Hardship Program at (855) 493-5526. They can answer all your questions and mail you an enrollment form for you and your doctor to fill out.
Congratulations on your full regrowth mrappe7!
Hi mrappe7 How long have you been on xeljanz and did you go from 2 pills a day right to 4 pills.And how long have you been on 4 pills did you see a big difference on 4 pills?how long are you planning to stay on 4 pills.Would love to do 4 pills for a quick burst to really get things going.Im the the slowest responder on this site but not giving up!!
Picture would be nice :-)
Hi HS, My hair has come back all mostly white. I posted a pic a few pages back. It is not as thick as it was either, but it is not so thin that you can see any scalp. The hair is very sowly turning dark. I have dark hair on the sides and back now and it is starting in the front. I have been on Xeljanz for a year now and it has been a slow transition. It is still 80 percent white, but every day I see a little more dark hair. It sounds like you are responding and the injections might help speed it up. Don't be discouraged, not everyone starts with dark hair.
My Update : I have been on Xeljanz one week
my remarks about this medication.
it make nails very long and quickly , no side affect
good start with nails hope to start with my hair soon, we have time
and I'm in the beginning , I don't need to give up anymore
Look for hair in about 3 more weeks sultan h.
I will Miracle, I have been 2 pills a day, i will see after 3 week more
hope to help my eyelashes and eyebrows it's more important than my scale hair
I would like to thanks all people how recommend me to use Xeljanz
,,,(if all my hair regrowth , I will but my sun name Zeljanz Lol hhhh))
thanks all and see you next updates
Sultan h. This is how my hair looked at first. It was so light you could barely see it compared to now.
Attachments:
wow that's really amazing and your eyelashes and brows regrowth
Thant give me hope .miracle have you take 3 pills or only 2 pills
since your day 1 . but defenlty work with you

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service