I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a question for anyone out there.  Is anyone experiencing all over joint pain while being on xeljanz?

was trying to buy minoxidl of Amazon and the customer pictures showed thia guy which looks like he has AU. is this a famous person? 

Attachments:

Anyone try Clobetasol .05% foam while on xeljanz? I just received another prescription for another 6 months of xeljanz from my doctor but she recommended I add the foam this time around. She says it might help speed up the process. 

Certainly can't hurt. I'm using clobetasal gel and it's helping without the xeljanz

Awesome! I hope it helps speed things up 

has anyone used clobetasol shampoo?

I tried at the beginning before xeljanz but it was a bit messy. I had to leave it on for 20 mins before rinsing. Before having my kiddos this would have been fine but with kids the hopping in the shower to put the stuff on and then hopping out to let it work and then hopping in to rinse it was too much of a process when dealing with my kids wanting dinner, bath and bedtime routines etc. I persevered for a good two months but it didn't seem to help much and I kind of lost hope in it, I think it might be effective now the xeljanz is doing its stuff. I use a shampoo now that supposedly helps grow hair (extends the growth cycle?)  and I pop minoxidil on of an evening, plus my steriod pulsing so am gonna stick to that pathway for now but totally think the clobetasol would help, if you had the fortitude to deal with the process of it.

Litsea Glutinosa Has a Natural JAK Inhibitor

Ha ha i will be purchasing some of their various elixirs after Xmas! I don't know if they'd regrow per se but they might help the quality and thickness of the regrowth after xeljanz does its trick. I'm really hoping that jak inhibitors  become more accessible and understood over the next few years. It's weird- I'm only now sure that I am responding... and now it's coming in much faster. I think sometimes getting off the ground is what takes ages and then once your body responds it almost flicks the switch and the hair comes in almost like normal. It's wonderful, even still being a baldy, to be able to feel like, in the future, I will feel normal to myself again. Anyway in Aussie land it's Xmas eve so just wanna wish all you guys who have been so great sharing your wisdom and experiences a great Xmas, and fingers crossed we all have a great year growing hair and feeling better health wise and mentally too.

congrats on start of ur responsiveness. very happy for you!!! what are you going to purchase can you please let us know so we can also do it ourselves? thank you

Does Dr. Angela work on the new treatment In your opinion, stem cells can cure alopecia

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service