I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927848

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carlie! I have no idea how many boxes can i bring bit i am getting 5. all pharmacies are speaking English, taking credit cards and you need to call day in advance so they have it on stock.

i take my prescription in case of questions on the border.

Thank you for the quick reply. Did you ever check out India? 

on the other hand it is the last time that gives information. because here I asked several times for help because I had side effects and no one answers or people who have a complete regrowth disappear and reappear when their hair falls

Hi Carlie 

its so expensive in USA, I am in Canada and it's $1650 in here . But I bought from Turkey 

around $550 Canadian. 

Its hard when I don't have insurance and my dr, increased to 15 mg which I need more medicine! 

Thanks 

shadi

Yes, it's actually 4200 here in California. I had the copay card and the third refill cost me 380.00 because there wasn't enough left on the card. Would I have a problem bringing 12 months worth through customs in Turkey or back into the US?

hi I bought at the pharmacy rebul 430 euro

I noticed where you said you were doing 11 mg a day. Were the pills you bought the 60 pills 5mg or the 11mg? Are you feeling better and maybe you just had the flu. I've been taking now for 7 weeks and feel good. Eyebrows and eyelashes are growing in and tiny white hairs all over my head. I think I will make a trip to Bangladesh.

I went to the hospital and had irritable intestinal constipation. but it's settled but 3 days later I have the tongue all white and more saliva and the feeling that she is irritated as if I had drunk something burning. and red dot that I wanted to clean and blew a little. the tongue is connected to the digestive tract liver stomach. I get my blood work tomorrow. I feel that I have a problem because of xeljanz. I am afraid of having to stop after 3 months with positive results always more hair growth beard eyebrows

Attachments:

Wow, that's great growth for as long as you've been on it. Hopefully you don't have to quit taking. Have you tried Methotrexate? since you are a responder to xeljanz you might do well on that.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service