I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keep taking it. You'll see something, take vitamins and use clobetasol if you have too. 

I reduced 10 mg again.It looks like I'm using 20 mg in vain.Maybe the body needs a longer time.

Hi everyone, today is the 3rd day for my son 9 years using Xeljanz 5mg daily,he has vomiting feeling, any advices

it maybe another virus? I haven't heard of someone getting vomiting from it. A bit of tummy discomfort but not vomiting. Maybe stop for a day or so til he comes right and then restart. 

Many thanks Frida, I do know what in my mind, but is there anyone started by 2.5mg due to the fact that he is still kid and to go through that for a while till his body got used for the medication, and if there is doz increase later we will take it to 5 mg

I have discussed with my doctor to shift to 2.5mg until the body adapt with the medication, is there box of Xeljanz with 2.5?

Hi Mashloum, I also had nausea and vomiting the first week I started. I started taking it just before I went to bed, which helped a lot. I don’t have any problems now. 

Many thanks for your feedback

My son is 13 and his Dr from Stanford says they're not using it in anyone under 18.  There is the possibility to get a topical version, but it is hard to get and the effectiveness is not well known.  Where did you get a prescription from?  It is known to have strong side effects, I would think on a child it would be even worse.

Is he taking it with food? That might help. I’d also take it at night. 

Yes he is taking the medical after food

Two weeks using Xeljanz, Ahamdu Lelah first 4 routs shows on the head of my son

Truly I feel excited for this!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service