I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, were you accepted into the trial? I have an appointment in Austin, tx to see if I am a good candidate, based on my history they think I will be.

Hi! Yes I was. About a 2.5 hour appt. to take bloodwork, ekg, go thru consent  dn verify some thing, etc...Then get meds in my next visit in 2 weeks! 

Hello! Have you gone back to your 2nd appt yet? I went this morning and qualified, I got my blood work and ecg done today and filled out the paperwork, if blood works comes back fine which I’m sure it will I’ll then go back in two weeks to get the medication 

Just read that CTP-543 is JAK1/JAK 2 Inhibitor 

CTP-543 is Concert Pharma’s deuterated ruxalitinib. They are in a patent war with Incyte about it.  Nevertheless, they are proceeding with clinical trials which is great because as my doctor said “ruxalitinib grows hair like crazy”.  I must say, from what I read about Concert and from being on their website, they seem truly committed to the alopecia areata patient community. 

hello, I am a bad responder of xeljanz in the hair, it will be 1 year and 4 months, I developed a strategy I take 10 mg of generic xeljanz and 2 mg of generic baricitinib I have not tested in the laboratory I hope to trust beacon, I have already tested tofacinix, I paid 650 euro and I have to pay a new 650 euro the laboratory. if any of you can do it cheaper or for free I can send some pills. it's been a week since I'm under xeljanz and baricitinib. I'll let you know if it works because baricitinib is an inhibitor jak 1,2 and xeljanz 1,3 according to some research classes 1, 2 are more effective especially ruxolitinib

Hello,

Im from Mexico. I also suffer from AA. I have taken Xeljanz for 2 years. It has been a miracle since the first month. I know this medicine is too expensive in the US. It's really expensive in Mexico but not as much as in the US. I offer my help to send this medicine to whoever needs it in the US or anywhere its too expensive. I have the opportunity to buy it at a lower price than you. If you are interested please reply to this message or send me a private one. I can prove this is real and not a scam. 

Javier.

Hello,

Im from Mexico. I also suffer from AA. I have taken Xeljanz for 2 years. It has been a miracle since the first month. I know this medicine is too expensive in the US. It's really expensive in Mexico but not as much as in the US. I offer my help to send this medicine to whoever needs it in the US or anywhere its too expensive. I have the opportunity to buy it at a lower price than you. If you are interested please reply to this message or send me a private one. I can prove this is real and not a scam. 

Daniel.

I have been on Xeljanz for two years I take 5mg twice a day with no problems what so ever.  Recently we switches insurance and very worried they will not cover it.  I am very interested in the generic Xeljanz from Becan and would like to know if you live in the States and is it hard to get this shipped to your door?  How many months would you say to get at first order?  I have read from past post were it was not released from customs.  Have you had any problems? As I would like to receive a years supply and be done for the year.

Hey, you can order from Beacon using the link below: https://www.beaconpharma.com.bd/quick-order/

No one in the US has had issues with customs as far as I know. I ordered in March and didn't have any issues. You might have to have to send them follow up emails however since sometimes it takes them a while to respond.

I can get you a year supply for half the price of Xeljanz

hi frida look it's interesting he talks about jakavi and xeljanz, look towards the end he want to try to make a jak 1,2,3 what I try at this moment, confirm me here I understood his

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(18)32494-0/fulltext

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service