I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have some questions about ordering from Beacon. They sent me an invoice to sign. Do I need to make a hard copy or can I sign on line? How do I send the money? Check, Wire, Certifided Check?  They asked me to send my payment slip. What is that and how do I send it? Do I need to do anything to improve the chances that my packages will clear US customs?Thank you for the advice! I want to send my order before things get any worse with this virus. 

beacon does not ask for any prescription you have nothing to fear we are many to use tofacinix it is legitimate I have had it tested in France I am French, and have been using it for over 1 year. for the payment you register on transferwise it is the same principle as paypal I use this method of payment .. on the invoice you have their bank details and you will pay with transferwise. for the shipment there is ems but blocked until March 31st it is the least controlled shipment according to the users of the United States, otherwise they can send it to you by DHL but the customs often blocks the parcels in your country. first thing register on transferwise. you just made the payment as soon as transferwise sent the money to beacon it takes 4 days you send them the proof of payment and beyond it sends you the parcel.

Thank you, Kevin! I was able to place my order today.

Hi Merry, you can also pay into the bank account they include on the invoice though banks tend to charge exorbitant international fees so Kevin’s instructions are probably the best. I have been on Bangladesh meds for most of my journey (since Dec 2017) and it has been amazing. I know it’s scary to switch but I can’t say enough good things about Beacon- they have always been super honest and helpful, and I actually feel better on their meds then the branded version. 

Also, many of us that use Beacon meds buy in bulk so they probably could loan you some and not need to have it replaced for a few months. I once loaned someone here in Australia some meds to cover a few weeks before her order got through and it honestly just felt so good to help someone who had this awful condition and make life a bit easier for her. I believe, and I know that most others on here do too, that we are in this together. Xx

salut frida l'inibitheur jak possède une molécule AAk1 qui traite le covid 19 tapé sur google baricitinib covid 19 de plus en France 90% des patients ont été traités avec le médicament plaquenil trump veut en faire le traitement numéro 1

hi frida the inibitheur jak have a molecule AAk1 xeljanz ruxo baricitinib search on google baricitinib covid 19, which would be effective against covid 19, currently in France a doctor to treat 90% of patients of covid 19 with plaquenil which is used for rheumatoid arthritis .

That’s very interesting indeed! I don’t have any medical background but the fact children seem to cope better then adults makes me wonder about how much of the condition is worsened by over active immune response. The more an immune system is new, without significant buildup of antibodies, the less the body damages itself trying to fix itself. I think though this is me considering everything through the prism of someone who suffers an overactive immune system. 

Regardless of Covid 19, I do think treatments that modulate immunity will become more significant in the treatment of a wide range of conditions. The immune system is responsible for so many health issues beyond those currently considered autoimmune disease.

Thank you so much,Frida! I have placed an order with 
Beacon and I received 2 boxes that Nat was kind enough to send me to keep me until it arrives.Such a relief! You all are such good people! I thank God that I found this site years ago. 

I have gone to the beaconpharma. com site, went to the quick order on the top right drop down. Completed my info and placed a message for the drug about 48 hours ago. I have not heard anything back yet. Should I have? Should I have done somthing different? Thanks!

Dip, They told me that they are only in M-Th, so maybe they haven't had time yet. Good luck!

Ok, I am all set to pay through Transfer Wise. However, I have not been able to enter my invoice number anywhere. After I select "pay" will it first "pop up" with an option for me to enter an invoice number? Thanks!

Hi Merry, sorry to bother you again but I am ready to pace my order through TransferWise but There is no where to add the invoice number. How did you do it? Thanks. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service