I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blessing. I will send you a friend request. After you accept it, we can private message one another. Then you can share your concerns with me, where you live, etc.
Hi Blessing .
I'm so glad for you . Did you ask your doctor about
Relaps after discontinuing Baricitinib ?
The effect is like xeljanz or it's permanent ?
Sara, Blessing is on Xeljanz, not Barticinib. And yes, once we stop taking it most likely our hair will fall out again. Xeljanz is a treatment, not a cure. But we are SO FORTUNATE to have something that works with no side effects so far.
After reading all these posts, I also take Biotin and D3 everyday.

Don't be a Jak ass!

Have you bought in bulk from China, Turkey, Mexico, Bulgaria or Dominican Republic?

Don't be a Jak ass!

Do you have AA? (Alopecia alchemy)

Can you mix your ingredients all by yourself? If yes, your an Alopecia alchemist.

Can you mix a powerful drug for RA with biotin, kelp, steroid injections, vitamins? Can you do this without a Doctor involved. Do you keep improving and experimenting with your concoctions?

Don't be a Jak ass!

Are you sick and tired of Alopecia, living with Alopecia, the medical field?

Are you prepared to go it alone ?

Are you prepared to put your body on the line?

Are you ahead of medical science?

Don't be a Jak ass!

Have you forgotten the road of acceptance and no more forays into the medical field? Eventually that's where everyone ends up pointing..

Don't be Jak ass!

XELJANZERS CONVENTION! I'm inviting all of you to our first annual Convention this summer in the San Francisco Bay Area. Who would like to come and celebrate all of our success and meet in person? We are the original pioneers but soon there will be millions of us worldwide. Let's start organizing now.

There is a CAP event in Vegas also in June I think.  Kevin Bull will be there from American Ninja Warrior.

Thanks Fenster. For those that don't know, CAP stands for "Childrens Alopecia Project." So if you have a child with alopecia check out their events. The next one is this Tuesday (April 5th) in Universal City, California.

There won't be millions of people using xeljanz to regrow their hair.

Xeljanz is a drug for RA.

Llike Minoxoxdil which was originally invented to treat high blood pressure.  Hair growth was seen as a side effect of the medication, and now it is used as a treatment, with poor results.

Xeljanz is used to treat RA. Hair growth was seen as a side effect of the medication, and now it is on trial. This is a powerful drug which suppresses the immune system but does not cure the underlying condition.

It means that you might (highly improbably)  be on  it for life, with supervision.

More likely you will have to discontinue due to side effects and any hair will fall out.

Don't inhibit your life by being a Jak ass..

Reading people on this thread, who think they can devise their own cure/treatment to Alopecia is risable...

It's delusional what some people are thinking of doing.

1 buying drugs from abroad

2 taking their own perceived doses (bonkers)

3 putting themselves outside of medical supervision

4 mixing various drugs/vitamins/oils/steroids

5 if it don't work i'll try another concoction

6 if that don't work i'll suppress my immune system with xeljanz, which is for  RA.

Remember! There is no cure for Alopecia except REMISSION ( natural)

There has NEVER BEEN a satisfactory treatment yesterday, today or tomorrow..

Fill in in space below if ther is...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service