AU has taken all our hair away. We all cope with this in different ways. I have had eyebrows tattooed on (twice) but thats a different story ! I dont miss leg hair, no more razors in the shower, or the need to have a bikini wax, god that was painful, no more morning panic's as you pull on your top ready for work, only to find you have hairy armpits.
The thing I miss is eyelashes they make such a difference to your face.
What do you miss most?

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

My eyebrows were the think I missed the most. I always had very light eyelashes anyway. I miss getting to fix my hair and wearing whatever kind of shirts I want to. I can't wear high-necked sweaters because I generate so much body heat, it destroys my wigs. The underneath starts to look like I held it over a pot of boiling water for about nine hours. I can't afford human hair, so I'm stuck with my Eva Gabor and Raquel Welch pieces, which always look really great for about the first month...
Steph..........I too generate a huge amount of body heat, and the wigs look as if I have dipped them in water at the neck. Thats when I miss my hair and needless to say wear my wig as little as possible.
My eyelashes for sure. And pony tails!
miss my eyelashes...soooo much ; / I can deal with the other stuff....but the no lash thing is driving me crazy. Stuff in my eyes all the time ; ( Fake ones?? oh god...takes me a half hr to put them on then I gotta worry about them loosening up.
well heck! How do you get the eyelashes on? I have tried many times to do them and never have any luck so end up just tossing them out. Is there a secret I am missing?
I miss my eyebrows and eyelashes. I also miss getting my hair washed at the hairdresser. That always felt good.
I definately miss my eyelashes the most, I wear false ones most days but it can be a pain. I also have my eyebrows tattooed which I'm soo glad I did. But I agree with you not having leg hair or armpit hair is awesome. I've never had to shave my legs my whole life, so I'm glad not to have to go through that!
I miss my eyelashes and my long, red hair.

Being a man I miss eyelashes and eyebrows most.

My 2nd AA period started 7yrs ago (before that i had AA for 4-5yrs from 10-15 years of age) and had never lost my eyelashes and eyebrow, and for this was very grateful. Gradually during the current Alopecia period i started loosing eyelashes and eyebrows. This was a very big blow for my self esteem. After i managed to, somehow, come in good terms with my very pronounced AA, I passed through another dark period. I can never thank my girlfriend and wife-to-be, Daniela, for her ongoing support. Support from my family and close friends was always very strong but i'm mostly grateful to Daniela. Loosing her for alopecia would have made it very difficult for me to accept this condition. Subsequently this reinforced my esteem and love towards Daniela.

Being a man, having no eyelashes and eyebrows, more than having no beard, makes it very difficult to somehow cover it with make up or false eyelashes and eyebrows without looking gay :) I've tattooed my eyebrows for the last year but they are not realistic enough and don't last mush. However, coupled with pencil drawing, tattoo gives quite satisfactory results (and made my life better), but can be easily disguised by the attentive looker and by people you meet and work on a regular basis. Today i'm quite ok with all this and try to don't really care, however i hate photographs 'cause they unmask the pencil and tattoo. Lately i'm a bit concerned about my wedding photos, so have just bought false real-hair eyebrows (after being adviced from a member of AlopeciaWorld.com). Will try them on as soon i receive them and check if they are photograph proof :)

Sometimes i'm very tempted to buy dark-framed glasses that will mask and detract attention from the drawn eyebrows and frame my face. Will see about this.

I miss my eyelashes. I wear make up so you never notice unless u are up close. I got my eyebrows done permanenty and soon will be getting my eyelashes to top it off.
I miss being able to do anything without having to worry about my wig coming off and/or being obvious - like rollar coasters, swimming, jet skiing, windy days....

I'll tell you what I don't miss...the time it took to fix my hair everyday. I have pretty hair everyday in about five minutes. :o)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service