People all around the world will be having parties, celebrations and awareness events. You’ll see IAD selfies popping up all day on social media.
YOU can be part of the annual International Alopecia Day YouTube slide show!
HOW YOU CAN BE IN THE 2023 IAD VIDEO:
1. Take your photos ON International Alopecia Day, August 5. This is meant to be a snapshot of Alopecians around the world on this ONE day.
2. Please don’t send in professional “studio” portraits OR photos that you’ve posted on your Facebook page before IAD.
3. You can be in a wig, bald, with patches or lots of hair, or in a hat or scarf. THIS IS ALL OF US, AS WE ARE! It’s your choice.
4. You can include non-Alopecian family or friends in the photo.
5. If you have a GROUP event, make sure that everyone in your IAD photo understands it will be in a Public YouTube video and agrees to that.
6. It’s great if you make and hold a SIGN saying where you live – and, you can write the sign in your LANGUAGE. Posing in front of a local LANDMARK or scene adds to the international theme.
7. If you make a sign or banner that includes the name of the holiday, please make sure you use the official NAME: “INTERNATIONAL ALOPECIA DAY”, and NOT “Alopecia Awareness Day” or other variations. We’re trying to raise awareness with this annual event, so the name needs to be consistent.
8. Send only ONE photo per person or family - your best and favorite. BUT, if you’re having a GROUP event and need more than one photo to show everyone, you can send in more than one. Can’t decide which photo to send? You can make a COLLAGE in one image. BUT, remember that your photos will look smaller in the finished video if they’re part of a collage.
9. TO GUARANTEE THAT YOUR PHOTO IS IN THIS YEAR’S YOUTUBE IAD VIDEO, YOU MUST SEND IT TO: email@example.com Do not send BEFORE August 5. Emailing your photo to me is how I can be sure I have your PERMISSION to put it in the video.
10. Please give me your COUNTRY in the email you send with the photo so that I can put it in the correct place in the video.
11. The deadline to submit photos is August 31, 2023, so there’s plenty of time after IAD. The finished video will be online in September.
WATCH the previous years' videos on YouTube under "International Alopecia Day" to get ideas for your event or photo.
Make sure YOUR country is represented!