Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Recently diagnosed and very depressed

I am a 38 year old female, who, up until this point, used to have a glorious thick head of long dark brown hair that flowed past my knees.…

Started by Shy Raven

6 Jul 1, 2017
Reply by Dr. Hina

Looking for support or info.

I'm 20 years old and female. My mother as well as my grandmother and her father have/had some variety of alopecia. We all started out with…

Started by Purplewhale

9 Jun 27, 2017
Reply by Annie Fitz

People's Helpful Hurtfulness.

I don't know if I loaded that video correctly but I just love her.  How do you deal with people trying to be your doctor? 

Started by Swirly

9 Jun 25, 2017
Reply by JellyBeanToes

Need answers? or help...anything

Hi, I'm a 23 year old male. I had been a weed smoking musician for many many years and took things very easy in life and last august i was…

Started by FlackoFinesse

1 Jun 13, 2017
Reply by Stacie

Sad and feeling overwhelmed

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group here. After years of fighting with thinning hair and hair loss I finally gave in and bought a wig this we…

Started by Sadness

2 Jun 8, 2017
Reply by Pam D.

My story and coping

It's been year now since I have AA. I shaved my head in September. I started wearing a wig, but it just didn't feel right... Now I am weari…

Started by IngaEglite

2 Jun 7, 2017
Reply by Tom

Semi-permanent wigs

I am currently looking at purchasing a semi-permanent lace wig. It will be bonded to my scalp and must be maintained monthly. I have eczema…

Started by N. Letourneau

6 May 31, 2017
Reply by Suzi

Recently found out I have AA

First of all hi to all here :)  It was recently confirmed that I have alopecia areata and although I was fairly certain I knew what it was…

Started by awooga_

4 May 20, 2017
Reply by Swirly

New here, VERY depressed!

Hello, My name is obviously, Amie. I guess you would say I'm at mid point, maybe a bit closer to being bald. I found a large bald spot on t…

Started by AmieS

18 May 15, 2017
Reply by Tess

Just diagnosed :(

Hello there I have just been diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in the last 2 weeks. In that time the bald patch is getting bigger every time…

Started by AileenC

3 May 14, 2017
Reply by awooga_

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service