Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thank my great alopecia family

I wish that disney would make princess that has no hair, so that every little girl who's fighting alopecia knows that the are BEAutiful and…

Started by alicia

9 Dec 18, 2011
Reply by Janine

Where are you on the triangle? (Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs)

We are needy or secure in different ways. I think if you research Maslow's theory and relate it to AW contributors, you can see that many w…

Started by Tallgirl

29 Dec 16, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

Living with alopecia universalis

i have had alopecia since i was 3 years old im now 22 i got bullied a lot throughout school and wearing a wig at 14 was the worst thing i c…

Started by melanie

1 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Rose Marie'

Hey Everyone

Hey guys, I'm a 27 year old (well my 27th birthday is next week) I have Alopecia Areata, I had my first couple bald spots in early 2009. I…

Started by Perfectlyflawed

1 Dec 12, 2011
Reply by Rose Marie'

The fall out!

Recently, well, since i've joined this site, I've been thinking about what it was like when my hair started to fall. It was probably the mo…

Started by SilkHead

4 Dec 12, 2011
Reply by Fulvio982

What to tell son to tell his friends about my alopecia?

So I am quite comfortable with my alopecia. I have always been pretty good with it. My son does not have alopecia. He is 6 and in grade 1.…

Started by Erin

6 Dec 8, 2011
Reply by Daria

Finding AW

Wow. It really is amazing what you can find on the internet these days. The other day, i decided it was time for me to do some more researc…

Started by Tiasha

6 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by Tiasha

Insurance provider cover cost of wig?

Hi everyone ...with wigs being expensive and all does insurance cover the cost of a wig? A good quality one at that? Today was the first da…

Started by Linda

3 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Julie Kurth

Tell us YOUR hair fall experience

If you don't feel comfortable saying thats cool, Stat Your type of Alopecia What happen Mines is AA And my friend noticed the first bald…

Started by Ryan

17 Nov 26, 2011
Reply by ShoCorona

Forever Young - Roll with it

Has anyone tried the wig Roll with it by forever young? I like the look of it and am searching for a wig however would appreciate any views…

Started by Jennah

3 Nov 18, 2011
Reply by wigwam

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service