Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

3 mm vs 4mm punch biopsy

Hi, I am new to Alopecia World. Three weeks before Christmas I noticed the sides of my head of my hair seemed very thin. This after a famil…

Started by Lilla

3 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by Lilla

Healing

I have posted this as a comment before, but things are gaining momentum so I need to post again: I have had alopecia since I was 12 years o…

Started by Paulina

3 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Karen Smith

Help! Scalp injections, and side effects?

I've been getting scalp and eyebrow injections since last January, about every 3 weeks. Recently, I've been having really irregular periods…

Started by Epo

48 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Anisha

What now?

Hiii, I was diagnosed with AA in Apr 2012, since then i haven been losing hair in patches. Now the situation is such that there are no patc…

Started by Krsna

2 Jan 7, 2014
Reply by Hayley

Alopecia and Pregnancy

Are there any other women out there who have alopecia and had their hair grow back during pregnancy? I'm asking because I was completely ba…

Started by Violet

30 Jan 2, 2014
Reply by Johanna

There has gotta be a cure

I refuse to believe that there is no cure for alopecia.  I believe that there are underlying conditions that needs to be addressed, which i…

Started by dawggonit

4 Jan 1, 2014
Reply by Kelly

Possible totalis?

I was diagnosed with Alopcia in April, and I have lost about 75% of the hear on my head since then, in the ophiasis pattern. I have recentl…

Started by Mama Burd

3 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by Ruthie

Pregnancy and AA

So I haven't been on here in a while, but I have SOME fantastic news (well, for me at least!) My husband and I are expecting our first chil…

Started by Tamara

10 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by Tuesday

Has anyone found a link between gluten and hairloss?

I've read so many posts about people trying to eat gluten free to see if their hair starts to come back. Has this resulted in any good outc…

Started by Tovah

4 Dec 18, 2013
Reply by Pam

New to alopecia...lots of questions

I am 51 years old and was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in September.  I found my first bald patch and had a feeling that I had Alopecia b…

Started by Kelly

14 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by Sunflower25

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service