Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Scarring alopecia aka cicatricial alopecia: Scalp issues

Hello, I have been diagnosed with this type of Alopecia about a year ago. I have since stopped all chemical treatments including relaxers.…

Started by Blessed1

3 Sep 23, 2012
Reply by Yeshua<3

Hair regrowth gray then salt & pepper

I experienced hair loss in 5 areas. 1 large section(about 2" x 2") and 4 smaller sections (about the size of an egg). My hair continued to…

Started by Catherine Brown

3 Sep 20, 2012
Reply by Catherine Brown

New hairs

Does anyone know of anything to do to try and keep new hairs from falling again?

Started by Becca74

2 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Becca74

Is it back?

Hey, Haven't been on in a while. My hair stop falling out and most of it regrew back, except in the back. I have been going regularly to g…

Started by Kevin

0 Sep 18, 2012

Misdiagnosis?

So ive had this really weird feeling lately that my AU has possibly been misdiagnosed and I have something else... I've been having a lot m…

Started by Jen

7 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Casey

How to get rid of the burning pain during hairloss in AA

Hey, My hair are falling out again, and in all bold places I feel pain, like that skin was burning or something. It happened to me before b…

Started by Alex

2 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Mayte

Steroid injections and meds

I am looking for some advice and thoughts on steroid injections and other meds I am on. I have been getting the steroid injections in my he…

Started by Becca74

4 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by Casey

Am I the only one?

I have noticed something that has built a growing curiosity in me since i joined this site about 2 months ago. A lot of people here have al…

Started by Deejay

13 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by Casey

New gene announcements

New DNA project shows us living beyond our genes According to recently released research papers, genes are only a very small piece of what…

Started by Tallgirl

1 Sep 6, 2012
Reply by Rose Marie'

Sunlight+Clobetasol = Full head of hair?

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone else out there has had luck with lots of sunlight and topical steroids. I worked outside for a few…

Started by Blue Steel

1 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Amy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service