Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Relationship worries

Hey there, does anybody have any advice on what to do about your relationship with your boyfriend when he can't cope with me his girlfriend…

Started by ShoCorona in Love, relationships, gender issues

30 Dec 19, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

Dying Hair

Hey, So i asked this in my blog already, but just wanted to see if i could get a wider audience (i really would appreciate an informative r…

Started by Tiasha in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Jan 11, 2012
Reply by Tracey Holt

Just found Alopecia World

hey guys, i have just found alopecia world and feel excited to chat to other alopcia suffers. i have felt so isolated since i was a teenage…

Started by kezza in Other interests

1 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Karen Smith

Living with alopecia universalis

i have had alopecia since i was 3 years old im now 22 i got bullied a lot throughout school and wearing a wig at 14 was the worst thing i c…

Started by melanie in Acceptance and coping

1 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Rose Marie'

Responding well to steroid injections, but...

My hair is still falling out!!! The derm is doing steroid injections once a month and my hair is growing back in those areas!! I'm hopeful…

Started by Linda in Symptoms, treatment options, research

11 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by stacey

adrenal gland

I was told that sometimes, it is possible that when the adrenal gland of the mother during pregnancy is underactive, that the adrenal gland…

Started by Carla in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Rose Marie'

Support Groups

Hello All, I am 8 months into my case of Areata and am looking to join a support group. Can anyone recommend one in NYC? Thanks in advance,…

Started by Amy in Support groups, networking

1 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Cheryl, Co-founder

This is a video I made about my cousin who has universalis

http://www.alopeciaworld.com/video/hair-loss-documentary-alopecia-areata is a video I made about my cousin. Happy to say he is doing really…

Started by josh in Events, publications, promoting awareness

0 Dec 12, 2011

False eyelashes in winter

Hi Guys, So every time the weather starts to get colder (and more dry) I have difficulty getting my false eyelashes to stay on all day. The…

Started by Peace to you in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Dec 16, 2011
Reply by Peace to you

Where are you on the triangle? (Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs)

We are needy or secure in different ways. I think if you research Maslow's theory and relate it to AW contributors, you can see that many w…

Started by Tallgirl in Acceptance and coping

29 Dec 16, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service