Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hey Everyone

Hey guys, I'm a 27 year old (well my 27th birthday is next week) I have Alopecia Areata, I had my first couple bald spots in early 2009. I…

Started by Perfectlyflawed in Acceptance and coping

1 Dec 12, 2011
Reply by Rose Marie'

Thank my great alopecia family

I wish that disney would make princess that has no hair, so that every little girl who's fighting alopecia knows that the are BEAutiful and…

Started by alicia in Acceptance and coping

9 Dec 18, 2011
Reply by Janine

What do you guys think I have AU or AT

I consider myself to have AU....I have no hair on my head, legs, arms or face. I do have to shave my under arms and the hair down stairs is…

Started by Deana DG in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 Dec 9, 2011
Reply by kaye kirby

What to tell son to tell his friends about my alopecia?

So I am quite comfortable with my alopecia. I have always been pretty good with it. My son does not have alopecia. He is 6 and in grade 1.…

Started by Erin in Acceptance and coping

6 Dec 8, 2011
Reply by Daria

Dry skin around eyes?

Lately I've been losing my eyelashes, strangley enough only on my right eye :/ I've noticed that my eyelids and the skin underneath have be…

Started by Amber in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

3 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Amber

Puffy wig crown

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do with a wig that has become 'puffy' at the crown. The wig is a human hair wig, a Yaffa, and alt…

Started by strklydkly in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Dec 8, 2011
Reply by strklydkly

Wedding pictures

Hello all! My friend asked me last week if I marry him. Of course I said yes! I dream for years of a beautiful wedding and their dress. Now…

Started by Annelies Bessels in Love, relationships, gender issues

6 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by Lisa Santer

I run

I guess I only posted this to my page. Not sure how any of this stuff works on here anymore. Anyway I run & was wondering if any of you…

Started by Sarah y. Clingman in Other interests

2 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by Emory

My 6yo son is being bullied in school for being "bald"

My son, Ben has been diagnosed with alopecia since he was 6 months old. Initially, it was Alopecia areata. At the age 1 1/2 yo, 100% of his…

Started by MOMofa6yo_AT in Children with alopecia

14 Sep 27, 2019
Reply by Emma Brown

Help! Wig comparison - Estetica vs Jon Renau

Hi everybody. I have alopecia universalis and I would say my scalp is pretty sensitive. I currently wear an Estetica human hair wig called…

Started by Daria in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

18 Sep 26, 2014
Reply by Lexi

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service