Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please Direct Me In The Right Direction..

Hi, Does anyone know of a organazation that helps with low income familys for wigs?I have alopecia and am ready to hide in a hole.Since i h…

Started by Lynn in Acceptance and coping

2 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Lynn

Sore one day, fine the next

hello friends. could use a little info/insight.... so i was diagnosed last year with AA. lost about 1/4 of my hair... in three large patche…

Started by claudine in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Karen

Looking for a good wig in Atlanta

I just moved to the Atlanta area (Gwinnett County) and I plan to go wig shopping soon. Can anyone recommend a good wig shop or salon? I wo…

Started by Andie in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

6 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Beth

Bridal Hats

I am interested in wearing a bridal hat for my ceremony instead of a wig. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I might shop for this?…

Started by Lynn in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

5 Oct 17, 2009
Reply by Lynn

Eyelashes- what am I doing wrong?

After 20 years of mild on/off AA, I lost 99% of my scalp hair 4 months ago. Just adjusting to that, and last week suddenly I have lost 90%…

Started by Amy in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Amy

Alopecian One-liners

I was walking to the library on campus yesterday and I noticed a man who was bald and had the build of a biker, at first I checked his eyeb…

Started by Malinda Rode in Acceptance and coping

8 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Annie

Awareness Festival

I'm glad I got your attention :) I'm planning an Awareness Festival for next September, and I would really appeciate everyone's input on w…

Started by Dante J. Worth in Events, publications, promoting awareness

2 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Gale Moorman

Tori wig by Rene of Paris

Does anybody wear the wig called Tori by the brand Rene of Paris? If so, what is the quality of the wig like and how does it look, feel, et…

Started by kimberly dean in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Sep 27, 2009

white eyebrow roots

i have a random question, i was wondering if someone can explain this to me. i noticed that where i have alopecia (the hairs that come from…

Started by clare in Symptoms, treatment options, research

0 Sep 27, 2009

Sleeping in lace wigs

Does anybody have a lace wig they sleep in, or where for a long period of time. The longest I can wear mine is 2 days. My lace wig just get…

Started by Becca in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

64 Apr 3, 2019
Reply by vfedorova514

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service