Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Question About Minoxidil

Hi, I have AA, with the last time pretty extensive loss, with complete regrowth, well I'm losing again, and this time I decided to try the…

Started by Christine in Symptoms, treatment options, research

24 Jul 28, 2009
Reply by JeffreySF

AA

Has anyone out there been told that their low Ferritin levels could be a contributor to hair loss?

Started by edie urso in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Paula

eyebrows

Does anyone know something that could be used to help with eyebrows to grow back. My son has one full one but his other is totally gone, he…

Started by Kami in Children with alopecia

8 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Danielle Royce

The joy of shaving my partner

Today, my alopecic and adorable wife, Cheryl, deviated from our primping routine and shaved her own head. I'm certainly no fetishist but, t…

Started by rj, Co-founder in Love, relationships, gender issues

14 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Becky

IT'S COMING BACK!! GUESS HOW!

I was diagnosed With Alopecia Areata just days after my 21st birthday. I lost about 30% of my hair in less than 2 months. I did the steroid…

Started by Andrea Olberding in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

4 Feb 15, 2016
Reply by WILDSTAR

What treatments are available for children with Alopecia?

It seems like there is nothing out there for kids with Alopecia, what can I do to help my daughter? Does anyone know of any good doctors th…

Started by BabyGirl in Children with alopecia

18 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Gaurav Batra

Just strange coincidence

This is so strange. My son, age five, was dx with Alopecia yesterday. We noticed his bald spot (more than a dollar coin size) last week or…

Started by Elaine in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Rose Marie'

Bald at work

I would be interested to hear people's experiences about going bald at work. I have a hybrid job which is about 50% IT with mostly guys and…

Started by Shera in Employment issues, workplace challenges

15 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Michael Gutwein

head coverings

since it seems like my hair wont come back and i dont like wigs, i was wondering what is some good headcoverings. i use bandanas but i woul…

Started by Nikki Mans in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Jul 21, 2009

Lumingen or Latisse

Has anyone talked to their doctor about these products and tried them? My daughter sees her doc next week and I am thinking of talking to h…

Started by Cindy in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

9 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by Sarah4142

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service