Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mirena and Hair Loss

Ladies, I have to share with you what I just found out. Last month I had my IUD, Mirena, removed after having it for three years. I lost my…

Started by Erin Brown in Symptoms, treatment options, research

116 Dec 5, 2019
Reply by Cocopuffz17

exercising

Hi, I think this may be my first post. Just a quick intro. I'm 56 yrs old and I was diagnosed with AA when I was 36. I have been wearing a…

Started by Mary Anne in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

20 Jan 10, 2019
Reply by Austin Davis

Peggy Knight vacumm wigs vs. Freedom wigs

Which vacuum wigs are better, Peggy Knight or Freedom wigs (or others)? Also how would you compare vacuum wigs in general to lace front wig…

Started by Dielle in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

20 Sep 12, 2017
Reply by Debbi Fuller

personal privacy issues

Living with alopecia my whole life has, I think, left me with some personal privacy issues. I do things like: -lock the bathroom door, eve…

Started by m in Acceptance and coping

39 May 26, 2009
Reply by Mary

Helping a friend

I have very good friend, my best friend who I have known for over 20 years. I have always known that he did not have any hair but in all th…

Started by john in Acceptance and coping

8 Feb 23, 2009
Reply by Joshua

How quickly did you lose your hair?

I know everyone is different, but I wanted to know how long did it take you to lose your hair and how did it come out? When I watched the G…

Started by Tamara Dixon in Symptoms, treatment options, research

12 Jun 3, 2009
Reply by Jodi

6 year old son recently diagnosed

My little boy was recently diagnosed (loss of eyebrows, half of eyelashes gone, and now scalp patches). We are just starting topical steroi…

Started by kmunro in Children with alopecia

3 Feb 25, 2009
Reply by kmunro

donate dyed hair

I cut off over 20 inches of my hair. Its super thick. There is spots where it is shorter from where I had alopecia issues. I would like to…

Started by mscookiecrumbl in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

1 Feb 19, 2009
Reply by mscookiecrumbl

I am scared to have children.

I am worried that they will carry this on. My parents do not have it and I do not know of any other family members that have it. I did not…

Started by mscookiecrumbl in Children with alopecia

14 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by SportyAusGirl

"Cinder" the hairless chimpanzee dies suddenly at zoo

Cinder the chimpanzee with alopecia universalis suddenly died at the St Louis Missouri zoo.. In 2002 the NAAF confence was in St. Louis Mis…

Started by Brittany in Other interests

3 Feb 19, 2009
Reply by Hayley Burton

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service