Aimee's Discussions (972)

Discussions Started (61) Replies Latest Activity

Here's my new wig!

It arrived much lighter than I thought it would be, but I think that since I'm so fair I can carry it off. I got a few inches cut off it as…

Started by Aimee in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

9 Sep 26, 2009
Reply by kimberly dean

Is this something only "newbies" do?

I just got a new wig, and I am so protective of it! We went out for seafood at Myrtle Beach, and I was nervous the whole time that the smel…

7 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Barbara

Progression from AA to AT or AU?

I'm almost afraid to write this because I don't want it to be true. Just when I was getting all Pollyanna about the AA (Everything is fine!…

Started by Aimee in Symptoms, treatment options, research

8 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Christine

Bad customer service at headcovers.com?

I am FURIOUS! I ordered a hat with hair (halo wig) and it arrived today in poor condition. Half of it is styled as it's supposed to, and th…

11 Sep 26, 2009
Reply by kimberly dean

Are wigs supposed to have short little hairs in the front?

I have a question about the Raquel Welch wig I'm wearing in the profile picture. As you can see it's a medium-length wig, so why are there…

1 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Rivkah Writes

Frequency of shampooing?

I bought a halo wig (that you have to wear with a hat) about 2 weeks ago. I have only worn it twice and keep it in a box. How often do you…

1 Jun 21, 2009
Reply by Rose Marie'

Really concerned about long-term effects of topical steroids

Something suddenly clicked in me as I was applying topical Clobetasol steroid foam, and I became very concerned about what Clobetasol is do…

1 Jun 16, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

My first boat ride since having AA

Wish me luck going on a sailboat today! I have my baseball cap on pretty tight, but I"m still a little worried it might fly off! I will thi…

4 Jan 26, 2010
Reply by Aimee

Big "bump" on the top of my head??

I just discovered that I have a big, raised bump, what looks like a goose egg if you bump yourself, only I didn't bump my head on anything.…

2 Jun 7, 2009
Reply by Izzy

Wearing hats to clubs?

I'm going on a Moms Night Out in a few weeks,and I plan to wear my cool long, blonde wig with a cute hat. Do clubs ever make restrictions o…

13 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Aimee

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service