All Discussions Tagged 'research' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia research in DC and NEW YORK

Hi!  I'm Egle, I'm from  Lithuania and I have AA. I'm scientist. I"m  going  visit USA  to acquire professional experience with Alopecia (…

Started by ocbo

3 Jan 8, 2016
Reply by Eddiblueyes

Has anyone on here tried the ruxolitinib medication also a JAK inhibitor?

They have began trials in 2013 of August and are ending the trials this year in 2015 of August. Just wondering cause I keep reading on here…

Started by blondfrog

0 May 19, 2015

Don't want to jinx myself but....

I am a 27 year old female and have had Alopecia Areata since November 2013. In January 2015, after months of heartache and going through an…

Started by HairJourney

0 Jan 28, 2015

Gene research progress August 2012

From American Academy of Dermatology, Summer Conference, August, 2012 Today's date: October 28, 2012 Researcher discovers ‘killer bees’ spa…

Started by Tallgirl

1 Oct 29, 2012
Reply by Karen Smith

Causes (from Wikipedia and other sources, 2012)

Research In May 2009, researchers in Japan identified a gene, SOX21, that appears to be responsible for hair loss in humans[12] and a resea…

Started by Tallgirl

5 Jul 22, 2012
Reply by dreamscometrue

Research in the Last Year

Living and Studying Alopecia December 28, 2010 - By CLAUDIA DREIFUS - Science Desk - 1107 Words A bout with alopecia 15 years ago led Dr. C…

Started by Tallgirl

5 Aug 7, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

New Gene in Hair Loss Identified by Columbia Led Research Team

PRESS RELEASE - A team of investigators from Columbia, Rockefeller and Stanford Universities has identified a new gene involved in hair gro…

Started by rj, Co-founder

8 Jul 1, 2010
Reply by rj, Co-founder

National Alopecia Areata Registry

The National Alopecia Areata Registry (NAAR) is an organization sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Insti…

Started by National Alopecia Areata Registry

2 Jan 23, 2010
Reply by JeffreySF

Dermatologist to women: Seek treatment and online support

IS YOUR HAIR TAKING A BREAK? Dermatologists can help women get to the root of hair loss BOSTON (July 29, 2009) – For many women, their ha…

Started by Alopecia World

1 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Lois

Bald is beautiful...on men?

"Instead of raising false hopes, or hair, celebrating a loss has an asset." Richard Roth files the following CBS News video report. After…

Started by rj, Co-founder

6 Nov 28, 2008
Reply by manny

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service